• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

270 WSM Build

MikedaddyH

I got the 270WSM barrel finished today. This is the second attempt. The first barrel got scrapped after 3 of 4 gunsmiths told me not to shoot it. This barrel is 24 inches long ( 1-10" twist ) and made from a Green Mountain blank. I still need to buy a muzzle brake for it and get it Blued. I drilled the gas port hole today and aligned the gas block. My friend put a tactical champher on the muzzle and we mounted the barrel on the upper receiver. If I have the time I will put on the Magpul hand rail tonight. I'll take some pictures after I assemble the rifle. <thumbsup>

I would be interested in the name of the outfit that mods the pmags, as the same ones should work for my 300 saum.

I have that on my other computer saved in the favorites. I think the mags are going for $62 and $74 each .

Alpha Industries Manufacturing

post-851-136297278132_thumb.jpg

post-851-136297278134_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The AR 270wsm build is done. It was a real PITA to fit the Magpul handguard on, there was a difference of <0.4" because I used a Delta ring setup. Had to modify the front of the top rail to fit the gas block. Hope to get out by Thursday to shoot, its suppose to rain thur Wednesday. Still need to soak the BCG in oil for a couple of days.