• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Member from Southern Maryland

navybowhunter

Hello all,

I am new to AR's, and purchased one the other day on a pure impulse buy/2nd amendment "cause I still can" buy.

I am an avid hunter, primarily bow hunting, but love target shooting and own several long guns and hand guns.

I purchased a POF .308-20 from a local shop here.  Came with one magpull 20 round magazine.  Price out the door was $2700.....I will say that is the most money I have ever spent on a firearm. 

I am very excited to have the 7 day waiting period (mandatory here in MD) over.  But it gives me time to order the stuff for it.

I picked up a Leupold MARK AR scope 3x9 40mm (duplex), and a DNZ one piece mount.  Additionally I bought 2 more Magpull 20 round mags, and 200 rounds of .308 ammo.  Can't wait to get it to the range and sight it in.

Primary reason for purchase, was I still can.  But, could see myself using on a hog hunt down south one of these days.

Any advice/experience with any members here on the POF 308-20?

Glad I found this site.

Chris

Thanks all!

Navy"bow"hunter....I am a retired Airedale Chief, only time messing with anything to do with subs, was with a tour with a P-3 squadron (sub hunters)...LOL

Very excited to get this machine to the range, and see what kind of performance I can get out of it. 

Anyone know of a 4 round magazine that will work with the POF 308?  One that will function reliably?  I have read a little, and have heard some magazines just don't work well with certain weapons.

Glad to be a part of the forum!

Chris

OK...Here is my attempt to upload a pic.....my new POF .308 -20 topped with a Leupold MARK AR 3x9 40MM scope, DNZ Freedom reaper mount.  All I can afford to put on her for now.....any suggestions for a bipod to attach to her, that will be useful for shooting from a bench at 100 yards (only distance I can get for now).

Boresighted and ready for the range!

STOKED to say the least!

post-2201-136297278959_thumb.jpg