pnutty Posted 19 hours ago Report Posted 19 hours ago Hi again; I’m having a few more issues with my build, specs are: Aero m5 receiver set BA 6.5CM 20” barrel rifle length with .0785 gas port with ar15 rifle gas tube in the middle of cutout Kak 308 bcg dual ejector with small firing pin/hole, oring and 2 ejector springs installed Kak extended buffer tube 7-11/16 deep with H3 buffer and EA1095 spring Cmmg lpk What is happening is that I am getting ejector swipe on 4 different brands of ammo and a scenario where the extracted round doesn’t eject but stays in the receiver and the bolt travels rearward enough to pick up a new round. If I single load a round the bolt locks on an empty mag but the empty round still stays in the receiver. This build has around 100rds through it so nothing should be worn out. Ammo is S&B 140g, Aguila 129g, Hornady 140g and my reloads in the Lapua brass which has 42g of staball that puts its right in the middle of the reload book spec. My unprofessional opinion is that the cases are still expanded while trying to extract and that’s why they aren’t exiting the upper, I doubt it is undergassed because the bolt goes rearward enough to pick up a new round or lock backnon an empty mag.
shooterrex Posted 18 hours ago Report Posted 18 hours ago I was having similar problems with 1 build. The ejectors in the bcg are they flat faced or rounded on the end? I replaced the ejector with KAK rounded tip and the gun started running right. Almost seems over gassed and the emptiness are not shrinking fast enough to allow extraction.
98Z5V Posted 15 hours ago Report Posted 15 hours ago Does the pic of the brass directly follow the ammo listed, in order? Like, left to right? First ammo listed is the first piece of brass on the left, etc. You have a dual ejector bolt, but only one swipe on the brass - and the swipes seen are big enough to catch your fingernail, where you'd have to file them off to reload them. That 3rd piece of brass has no ejector marks on it at all, left to right, 3rd one.
pnutty Posted 11 hours ago Author Report Posted 11 hours ago (edited) 7 hours ago, shooterrex said: I was having similar problems with 1 build. The ejectors in the bcg are they flat faced or rounded on the end? I replaced the ejector with KAK rounded tip and the gun started running right. Almost seems over gassed and the emptiness are not shrinking fast enough to allow extraction. Yes they are both rounded, and I agree with what you are saying about it not shrinking fast enough. 4 hours ago, 98Z5V said: Does the pic of the brass directly follow the ammo listed, in order? Like, left to right? First ammo listed is the first piece of brass on the left, etc. You have a dual ejector bolt, but only one swipe on the brass - and the swipes seen are big enough to catch your fingernail, where you'd have to file them off to reload them. That 3rd piece of brass has no ejector marks on it at all, left to right, 3rd one. The brass is randomized in the pic, I shot Aguila, S&B, Hornady then reloads in that order. There are 2 ejector marks on the cases but only one of the ejectors is showing up much more pronounced than the other one. On the S&B case the marks are on the “cr” and “oo” in Creedmoor but it’s hard to tell from the picture, I can try to get better pictures for you if needed. But I do not know why one ejector mark is showing up much more than the other one… Edited 11 hours ago by pnutty
Magwa Posted 8 hours ago Report Posted 8 hours ago also that bolt looks dry as street pavement, and maybe dragging due to how dry it is soak the bolt in mobile 1 synthetic oil for a couple of weeks the oil will adhere to the metal i the bolt and remain slick but breaking in a new gun you want it dripping wet....
pnutty Posted 47 minutes ago Author Report Posted 47 minutes ago 7 hours ago, Magwa said: also that bolt looks dry as street pavement, and maybe dragging due to how dry it is soak the bolt in mobile 1 synthetic oil for a couple of weeks the oil will adhere to the metal i the bolt and remain slick but breaking in a new gun you want it dripping wet.... Ok sounds reasonable, I usually put some oil on my fingertip and smear it all over the outside as a film coat but ill do what you said 👍
pnutty Posted 43 minutes ago Author Report Posted 43 minutes ago 15 hours ago, 98Z5V said: Does the pic of the brass directly follow the ammo listed, in order? Like, left to right? First ammo listed is the first piece of brass on the left, etc. You have a dual ejector bolt, but only one swipe on the brass - and the swipes seen are big enough to catch your fingernail, where you'd have to file them off to reload them. That 3rd piece of brass has no ejector marks on it at all, left to right, 3rd one. I took the best pictures I could of the case heads, the marks dont like to show up for the camera though. You can see the spots where both ejectors are making an imprint but one ejector is much more pronounced than the other one, why that is I have no idea. I also took a picture of the extractor indent on the case if that would help as well. S&B had the least amount of swipe and I could not get that to focus at all on the camera.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now