• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Portugese surplus 7.62 good to go or not?

Magwa

Ok went and looked at it and yes it is berdan primed and in one battle pack 200 rds about 40 had corrosion marks so i took out my knife and scraped at it and there is no corrosion more than 1thousands deep it is a surface stain the brass is fine....i can post pics if you would like for 99 bucks for 200 rds or 440 for a thousand it is not bad i would clean the rifle after use not sure if corrosive or not but i have to find some good ammo for a rainy day and for plinking and breaking in i will shoot some of this today and get back to this thread with the results..

Hi Magwa  I think thats not such a good deal.

Ive got some federal 762x51 (in the white box) new production for around same price if not cheaper...ill have to go back and look. we shoot the federal gold medal match 168 grain mostly,cause of distance....but yesterday I did an A B comparison with the federal 762 and it did quite nice  :)  Wash

Thanks for the link that is a better deal now i am correct that is privi Partizan ?

That is good to go ? i have never shot it but it is a great deal ,also why do they ask for a scan of a photo id i am not real comfortable about sending that onto the internet.. so can you guys vouch for this company? thanks Mike

Thanks for the link that is a better deal now i am correct that is privi Partizan ?

That is good to go ? i have never shot it but it is a great deal ,also why do they ask for a scan of a photo id i am not real comfortable about sending that onto the internet.. so can you guys vouch for this company? thanks Mike

Widners is a great company...been buying from them for years...that white box privi is good also... :)  Wash

this is the federal in the white box I was talking bout...they are out of stock,but its gtg and its a better deal than that milsurp you were talking bout....you cant beat lake city! google for it...im sure someone has it :) Wash

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/308-7-62/lake-city-xm80-7-62x51-20rd.html

Ok I am looking for lake city but so far no luck will keep looking thanks

Hi Mag!  well my stash of it was bought in 2011 and it was bout 11 bucks a box...very hard to find now but here you go...they have it in 500 rd cases and by the box...but the price has gone up since last year...so what else is new?  I like this stuff!    Wash

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Federal-Lake-City-7-62x51-XM80C-149-Grain-p/xm80cb.htm

Thanks for the link I got 500 coming and now i will bite the bullet and get some 168 match yikes.....

Hi Mag now you're in the club <laughs> go to palmettostate armory  fgmm 168 match  19.99 a box and if you hit it right they have been doing free shipping too! <thumbsup> Wash

<thumbsup>

Thanks Washguy i love Palmentto State I have bought from them before great site with awesome prices...

Hiya Mag    Yep, its a great place to buy from!  Several months ago we were in Cabellas. we had a bunch of stuff  in the ol shopping basket...so we were in the ammo dept where the federal gold medal match was like 35 bucks a box..there was only three boxes on the shelf....long story short I made them price match palmetto's 19 dollar a box...they didnt want to,but they were eying all the crap we had in the basket! <lmao>

Wash