• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Federal XM118LR

TANGO2072

ok SO...

I only shoot Black Hills 175g BTHP thru my baby... but I'd be G'Dammed 30$ a box of 20.

so on luckygunner I found Federal XM118LR,  500rd loose ammo.

Has anyone shot this ?, noticed any issues...

I dont shoot in any matches or comps, so it's mainly for Range time and to keep stocked.

Welcome back, Tango!  You've been gone for awhile, man...  <thumbsup>

I've shot the M118LR, and a reload of it (from "Mac's Reloads" - very good stuff), and it's a damn good round through a 1:10 twist Fulton Criterion 18.5" stainless barrel.  <thumbsup>

Wow,well even then it wasn't all 50. <munch> I don't think the politcos are gonna take our firearms cause it would be the kiss of death for there do nothing jobs. <dontknow>

or civil war.

ive noticed this with alot of ammo not just .308, this summer i bought 500 rounds of win ranger 180grain hollow point .40, there was more then enough in the count went back the next pay check to get more............NONE. now they have it agian and the price is up 50$ at least

OK.....

so i recieved the order from LG and guess FN what

they sent me box of M855 green tip 556....

U G H !

so i have to say i was / am beyond mad

Luckily enuff i got on the live chat and recieved a phone call from thr rep i was chatting with. I was not the only one to recieve this issue. Appearently LAKE CITY / FEDERAL shanked the order they sent to LG.

the box is labeled not only WIN 855 but also on the bottom of the label 762x51mm

so the rep said that he is contacting the main lady Heidi, refunding me 100%, sending me the means to ship the ammo back...

but unfortunatley ... they have sold out of the XM118 

what fukn luck

ok 'nother update

got a call from the LG rep i spoke with from the chat. He said being there were a few customers that had this issue Lake City was shipping out corrected boxes to those who placed the orders.

So... sweet, now just wait to see if i get it this coming week and possibly send back the 223 ?