• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Military seeking sub-sonic bullets.

alelks

Subsonic rounds are effective in handguns. Rifle ammo is tricky and ineffective at distance,accuracy is inconsistance because the variation in the speed of the bullet. The subsonic round is quieter than a supersonic round and will disguised  the location of the gun shot. A Silencer is still a must have item, not needing one is pure BS ! I have been working on subsonic 9mm and 40s&w rounds and they are fairly accurate up to 50 yards.

There is alot of info on 223/556 subsonic ammo but the larger case ammo doesn't work well without case fillers.

All I read was, "subsonic blah-blah-SOCOM-blah-blah polymer casings...."

F@#% yeah! Make my 300 Blackout even cheaper to shoot!

When SOCOM gets the ammo filtered down the public, the price of that 300Blackout round will be just like the 6.8spc ammo. NOT CHEAP and SCARCE !

I like how they assume that use of the subsonic round would negate the use of a suppressor…. media retards…. because somehow subsonic rounds are quiet??

The USSR produced subsonic ammo that had it's own built-in suppression system so that a silencer was not needed. I wonder if they're finally making an effort to tap in on and improve that old technology.

http://world.guns.ru/ammunition/russian-special-cartridges-e.html

The Chabot firing range (the one Mythbusters uses) Has a tin can range that's at the bottom of a slightly twisted slope. In a weird way it put anyone walking to that range in front of the firing line but in no danger. When walking towards that firing line, people shooting .22LR rifles have the blast shielded from the wall, allowing anyone walking towards the firing line to clearly hear the breaking of the sound barrier when .22s are fired. It sounds just like a model rocket or one of those launching fireworks but swifter and without the scratchiness.