• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Beta dump

tackleberry2000

Haven't got to do a Beta dump, but I once helped 2 other guys dump a case of 45 ACP through a Thompson M1928 on full auto as fast as we could keep the mags loaded! We were at an armorers class put on by the DoE at Kirtland AFB, and the gun belonged to the DoE. Rock & roll with a Thompson is a blast! <thumbsup>

I have done this a couple of times with the slide fire stock setup on Vera...Damn :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: ! First time I just about had to clean my shorts ! 8)

Second time I emptied the beta mag in less than 30 thirty seconds and was thinking this thrill cost too much. $50-$60 in a 1/2 minute not all that smart. But the beta mag is loaded right now with AP green tips and ready to go at a moments notice.

BTW if you do it at a range you may want to ask the range officer first. <dontknow> :auto:

Got to make it out shooting this afternoon. Decided to take the beta for the 556 for fun. WHAT A BLAST!!! <thumbsup> the tip of my trigger finger was numb for an hour from working the trigger as fast as I could.

Who else here has had the chance to dump a 100 rd drum??

Dumped a few 200-rd belts, in my time (and more).  Those are fun, unless it's serious when you do it.  <dontknow> ;D

He needs more SlideFire, doesn't he, Mike?...  <laughs>