• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Calling all experts

Brewster

That pretty much covers all the bases. The only one I can think of not yet mentioned is the Red-X .308 BCG. I have never seen their BCGs in person but I have one of their .308 uppers and it seams to be economically well made.

Their 308 BCGs are very affordable, $180 for standard, $220 for chrome but I rarely ever see them in stock.

I got my BCG from Midway USA. After using a coupon code, I wound up with the chrome one for somewhere around $230 delivered.

If you're going to get a .308 BCG, get a chrome one if you can.

Young Manufacturing also makes 308 AR bolt carriers. Their website is under construction but you can order by the phone number listed there. I have a Young Mfg BCG and it is bad to the bone.

That's a brand I can really speak for. The BCG in my Addax ZK was made by young. Addax went through a long head ache of looking for a manufacturer who would make BCGs to their standards for the ZK. As far as I know, Young is the only company to live up to them. Between the DPMS BCG in my .308 build and the several 5.56 BCGs in my friends and their friends guns I've seen, the one in my ZK that Young made stands out like a sour thumb among them, both in aesthetics and quality. If I could afford them, I'd use Young BCGs in all my builds.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to play the waiting game, now, man.  It'll show up somewhere, if a ban doesn't come first. 

Another option you have is searching out used parts.  Believe it or not, the ar15.com "Equipment Exchange" is a great source of used parts.  There's alot of jackasses in there now gouging people, on an individual level, but that source is there, and it's big.  Be careful, but good luck.