• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR pistol muzzle device Q's

soofley

the upper didnt go quite as planned. Fultun upper was a piece o' shizzle.

What exactly does "what you have done here," have to do with the quality out of Fulton Armory?...

This doesn't have anything to do with Fulton Armory...  <nutkick> :bitchslap:

ya it goes outside but as matt said its probably unmilled.

I was basing what I said on the assumption that your FFHG was Fulton Armory's product, whereas your product is designed to have not just one, but four of those tabs. My mistake was assuming that those tabs were unintentional, they are not. Most FFHGs that I'm familiar with are flush or square to the centerline of their bore, all the way around the rear of the handguard. Yet another fine example of what making an assumption will do for you, it will educate you, one way or another.  <thumbsup>

soof, you only notched the outside of the receiver?  Not all the way through...  It might not be bad at all (safety-wise)...    <dontknow>

correct. overall, it still has the same thickness as your regular AR15 upper (it could even be a little thicker since the handguard's portruding tabs were sort of bent upwards by a tiny bit.) Fulton upper is just way too much aluminum. I'll post pics once i get my dSLR back from the gf

This is the Fulton Armoury side cocking upper, not the common ar15 upper receiver.

the guy in rainier arms said it will not harm the upper if i dremel some aluminum out since all the pressure's being handled within the bolt>barrel extension>barrel.

Im semi-happy with my build. All it needs a shooting test. see if she hold fine.

This is the Fulton Armoury side cocking upper, not the common ar15 upper receiver.

the guy in rainier arms said it will not harm the upper if i dremel some aluminum out since all the pressure's being handled within the bolt>barrel extension>barrel.

Im semi-happy with my build. All it needs a shooting test. see if she hold fine.

And the upper receiver, in full integrity, is what adds all the support to the barrel extension...

A different rail system would have alleviated any cutting of the upper at all.  A different combination would have eliminated all that cutting, and if the side-cocking upper was definitely a "must have," then a different rail would be in order.  That was the point I was trying to make.

I'd hate to see someone read this thread, down to the point where you said you got a poop-product from Fulton Armory.  Clint McKee doesn't put out a poop product, ever.  <dontknow>

I'd hate to see someone read this thread, down to the point where you said you got a shit-product from Fulton Armory.  Clint McKee doesn't put out a shit product, ever.  <dontknow>

I have to agree, Fulton makes quality parts and to say this product is shitty is wrong. It isn't a standard upper and invariably there will be some limitations, maybe there should have been some research done into that before the purchase.