• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

An effective step gun owners are probably ready to take

MaDuce

One thing that drove me crazy during the anti-gun years was gun owners who talked the talk but never walked the walk. That is, baught and enjoyed the fruits of the gun world but seamed to think that writing letters, taking polls and giving money to the NRA is all that needed to be done.

Of course, back then we were on the loosing side of the gun battle, much of our rights were already being trampled and; odd as it may be, the threat even then wasn't as grave as it is now.

Now that it's in our face, I think gun people will be willing to take some real decisive action provided a workable plan is devised, word spreads and people are brought together on the matter.

What I am getting at is boycotting. Not just one but many boycotts on resources the gun grabbers depend on us for. For instance, if a gun grabber releases a movie. Refuse to ever watch it. And make sure they know why.

Find out which industries they are invested in and boycott them.

Have a look at liberal media and identify their sponsors and boycott them and make sure they know why.

I know there are allot of cops who personally respect gun rights. I bet that if you think it through enough, you can probably find a way to alter your methods as a professional law officer in ways that are harmless to the public, within the guidelines of your job and a head ache to the gun grabbers.

If you ever question the effectiveness of boycotting in today's world, just look at what happened to Smith and Wesson.

It works and it works well. I am going to start digging and see what dependencies the gun grabbers have that we can deprive them of through boycotting.

I'm a good researcher and tactician, but not a good organizer of people. That's where you come in, if you folks are willing.

Guys, I really do believe that this is an area where we have very strong potential of succeeding if we commit to it.

I believe that your idea makes a lot of sense. You say that you are good at research. With the the internet, and venue's such as this forum, it should be easy to get the word out. The thing we need is the verifyable information on who the people are that we need to boycott.

i think we already know one newspaper that people in Westchester should  boycott, The White Plains Journal Times, along with any company that is buying advertising space in the paper. And as you point out, it's not enough that you stop buying their products and services, you have to tell them why you will no longer be spending your money with them, along with making sure to tell them that you are telling all of your friends and family to do the same.  The anti gun crowd seems to want to try to attach some blame for Newtown and the actions of other mentally ill individuals on responsible gun owners. They think that if they shame us enough we will keep quiet while they take away our rights. We need to stand up to them and use the financial power of 2nd amendment supporting citizens of this country to make them realize what will happen. Maybe it's time for all of these companies that are so damn worried about being politically correct, to take a stand on this matter, one way or the other. Then, at least we'll be able to know who our enemies (in this country) are.

I thought of this also & do it . I canceled HBO a year or so ago( had a hell of a time convincing the wife ,because she liked some of there soap opera's ) & told them why , all there propaganda shows that they show over & over again was too much for me to take & I don't watch much TV .

Maybe we should start a list of who & why & get the word out . Concentrate on the big picture at first & branch out .

I have been trying to only buy made in USA products for years & some think I go over board ,but its hard to find some stuff made in USA & ya got to bit the bullet some times , & it hurts . 

The form letter that HBO emailed me back , basically said ," oh , so what !"