• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ares armor 80% lower

silentvoice71

I live probably 5 mins from their shop.  I talked to the guy that works the front counter (heck may even own the place).  Seems like good people. 

Main point in this post was: They had a sign on their door stating they were taking orders now (as of 28 Dec 12) for a May/June delivery.  I don't know how that affects online ordering, hower; just thought I'd throw it out there.  Just like anywhere else they were busier than all get out too.

• 2 years later...

I order from Ares Armor all the time takes maybe 4 or 5 business day.

Building an LR308 on the Ares Armor 80% billet signiture lower! It's gonna be a BEAST! I just ordered LPK from Fulton Armory without the trigger for $49 bucks. I have the CMMG LPK but have heard some horror stories. Fulton seems like people are very happy with!

Nope, I'm not gonna do it.  Not this time.  It doesn't matter that the post is TWO YEARS OLD when it was replied to!!!  I'm not gonna say it this time...

But you were THINKING it.  I could feel a trembling in "the Force".  Possible rift in the space-time continuum......

Go on, let it out......you'll feel better...

• 3 weeks later...

GRA,

When I talked to Ares about using their Barrel they would not tell me anything about it. They wouldn't tell me what blank it was, if they built it in house, if it was a rebranded barrel nothing. That's why I went with the Faxon Firearms 18" Heavy Fluted Black SS barrel. They gave me all kinds of info. Nathan is a fantastic guy. Customer service is stellar and the barrel is a work of art! I say check them out. I have Nathan's contact info somewhere if you need it. I ordered directly from Faxon. There are other places that carry them (AIM, etc.) but I went to the source.

Granted I have not shot the barrel yet but the quality and finish far surpasses any other barrel I've seen!

PasoGunner you're right.  Faxon's barrels are impressive; both the stainless, and the 4150.

Problem is the 18" stainless barrel is out of stock at this time.  The fluting they use is impressive indeed.

Since I'm not in a hurry I registered and requested to be notified when this barrel was back in stock.

Thanks for the great information.   <thumbsup>

Please feel free to advise on anything else as this is my first .308 build.  

Edited by GRA

Just sent Nathan @ Faxon an e-mail.  Seems they are still currently out of the 18" SS fluted barrel but they have the 4150 steel salt bath nitrided in stock although it's not a fluted barrel.  Still a bit lighter than the SS fluted barrel.

All my AR15 barrels are chrome-lined steel.  I've never owned a SS barrel and don't really know what the pro(s) and con(s) are of each.

Any advice will be appreciated.  THANKS !!!