• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Why isn't THIS wide-spread news?...

98Z5V

I'm glad the good guy wins this one but one of the statements just doesn't sit rite with me.

QUOTE:

As the man tried to get into one of the houses, the homeowner came out with a gun. When he spotted the suspect trying to break into the bedroom belonging to his daughters, ages 4 and 7, he started yelling.

The homeowner told police the suspect started reaching in his waistband, as if he was about to draw a weapon. The homeowner said he felt threatened, so he opened fire.

"It appears that his intent was to defend himself and his family," Phoenix police Officer James Holmes said.

This makes it seems that he went outside to confront the suspect. I don't know what AZ castle doctrine is like but regardless I wouldn't of went outside. If the window would of been breached somehow then its game on with 230gr hollow points.

Even the statement from the officer doesn't sound convincing that they weren't  getting the full story. Who knows I maybe reading something into it thats not even there or the the media worded it to make seem that way. 

I don't know I'm glad the family is alright though.

I'm glad the good guy wins this one but one of the statements just doesn't sit rite with me.

QUOTE:

As the man tried to get into one of the houses, the homeowner came out with a gun. When he spotted the suspect trying to break into the bedroom belonging to his daughters, ages 4 and 7, he started yelling.

The homeowner told police the suspect started reaching in his waistband, as if he was about to draw a weapon. The homeowner said he felt threatened, so he opened fire.

"It appears that his intent was to defend himself and his family," Phoenix police Officer James Holmes said.

This makes it seems that he went outside to confront the suspect. I don't know what AZ castle doctrine is like but regardless I wouldn't of went outside. If the window would of been breached somehow then its game on with 230gr hollow points.

Even the statement from the officer doesn't sound convincing that they weren't  getting the full story. Who knows I maybe reading something into it thats not even there or the the media worded it to make seem that way. 

I don't know I'm glad the family is alright though.

You raise a fair point, but I want to ask you a question. Let's imagine that you hear a guy trying to break into your home, and you arm yourself. Are you not going to clear your home/property when you hear the bad guy abandon his initial approach? Why wouldn't it be natural to clear your property while you're still armed? In this case, the guy found that the bad guy wasn't giving up completely, but merely trying a different approach. As such, especially with children still in the home, he's justified in using deadly force, if for no other reason than the threat's persistence. My $.02 anyways.  <dontknow>

You raise a fair point, but I want to ask you a question. Let's imagine that you hear a guy trying to break into your home, and you arm yourself. Are you not going to clear your home/property when you hear the bad guy abandon his initial approach? Why wouldn't it be natural to clear your property while you're still armed? In this case, the guy found that the bad guy wasn't giving up completely, but merely trying a different approach. As such, especially with children still in the home, he's justified in using deadly force, if for no other reason than the threat's persistence. My $.02 anyways.  <dontknow>

The way our house is laid out  I would move the kids from there room to our bedroom as I cleared the house so everybody is in one location now if he enters any other part of the house I know no family members are not going to be in the line of fire because there right behind me. By the time this happens the police should of been notified by my wife and on there way and I would let them clear the outside. This does leave a problem where the bad guy just moves on to someone else when you could of stop him and I live in suburbiea. If I lived in a rural area I could see my self going outside to clear the property when it might be an hour or more before help gets there. Maybe I'm just over thinking this I have that problem now and then. :cookoo:

AZ castle doctrine is rock solid for the home owner, an iron-clad diaper for libs to stew in their poop.

Castle doctrine here covers your car, home, business, or property that you own or have legal control over.  Illegal entry and attempted illegal entry are covered.  What really gets their iron diaper in a bunch, into that section of the criminal code it states "For the purposes of this section, the person (meaning the home/car/business/property owner) WILL be presumed to have acted reasonably."  That is a reference to the imaginary "reasonable person" standard.

Tom should recall that early last year, Sierra Vista PD broke up a party.  One of the young adults fled the party by hopping backyard walls.  A homeowner heard a commotion, looked in their backyard, sees a grown man trying to hide.  A limited verbal confrontation ensued, the homeowner felt threatened by an intoxicated intruder, and dropped him dead.  No charges filed.

The dead man's family then demonstrated why AZ placed the mandatory presumption of acting reasonably into our castle doctrine:  great guy, wouldn't hurt a soul, worthless murdering home owner, those scuffles with the law last month were a misunderstanding, on and on.

AZ's "stand your ground" law isn't that solid.  You had better be able to show justification in your actions.

Now, that being said, know this...when you splatter the brains out of the meth-head that has been awake for a week, after ripping your wife's blouse and bra off of her, his wretched stench polluting your olfactory senses for the rest of your lives, that isn't who you shot.  You shot the Father of The Year, that volunteers at church feeding homeless Boy Scouts and their families, who had worked so hard to turn their life around, and would never ever ever under any circumstances hurt another life form.

Jon