• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Daniel Defense ISR

Was that a $3200 MSRP I saw at the bottom of the article? I mean, don't get me wrong. Daniel's makes some nice equipment. I use my DD M4 as a beater-rifle (shoot the hell out of it), and it's never even burped. But....$3200? The AR-10 SBR that I'm building wouldn't be that much. Even if I bought a new can to put on it (which I probably will anyway). And that's including the 2 tax stamps. (though that's getting close at that point)

Now.....that being said. It still looks pretty cool though. Hmmmm....I'll have to see what my gun pusher's prices are.  <laughs>

Was that a $3200 MSRP I saw at the bottom of the article? I mean, don't get me wrong. Daniel's makes some nice equipment. I use my DD M4 as a beater-rifle (shoot the hell out of it), and it's never even burped. But....$3200? The AR-10 SBR that I'm building wouldn't be that much. Even if I bought a new can to put on it (which I probably will anyway). And that's including the 2 tax stamps. (though that's getting close at that point)

Now.....that being said. It still looks pretty cool though. Hmmmm....I'll have to see what my gun pusher's prices are.  <laughs>

Brother, you think that's steep, try buying ANYTHING from Les Baer....

Besides getting into the fact that DD makes one of the best off the shelf guns when you measure BANG vs BUCK... MSRP is generally always (except during gun buying crazes :cookoo: ) 10%-20% higher than the actual sale price... Daniel Defense rifles generally run about $1500-$1800, then add $900-$1000 for a good can...That's still about $2500, which is close to where you would have been if you did it all from scratch. Plus you only have to wait on the one stamp, and time is worth a lot more than $ for certain guys.

Well, that's what I mewant towards the end of that, when saying that the price was getting close anyway. Trust me......I totally understand that you can't let the price intimidate you when it comes to nice equipment. Hell....once you dip your toe into the class 3 world....dollars start blurring.

Daniel Defense rifles generally run about $1500-$1800, then add $900-$1000 for a good can...That's still about $2500, which is close to where you would have been if you did it all from scratch. Plus you only have to wait on the one stamp, and time is worth a lot more than $ for certain guys.

And that doesn't include the 11% Federal Excise Tax you have to pay every single time you buy a complete rifle...