• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Damn Good Idea!

planeflyer21

This was first seen by me on another forum and it is one very AWESOME suggestion!

Let us, the shooting community, lobby and urge firearms manufacturers to CEASE and DESIST ALL firearms sales to any law enforcement agencies within states that enact more strict gun controls!!

Ronnie Barrett did it with California LE when they supported a state AWB.  We can get every manufacturer to get on board with this!

Jon

That's been my philosophy when it comes to law enforcement weapons. Depending on how this current political stiuation plays out, I'll hopefully be able to start my own firearm company after I finish college. It has been my plan the whole time to not offer anything for sale to law enforcement if the exact same thing is not available to civilians. There is no reason for this to ever be the case. Basically, until they repeal the 1986 rule on the NFA, no full auto or select fire weapons should be available to the police if it was made after 1986. Same goes for any future magazine restrictions, "assault weapon" bans, and caliber restrictions. All these armored vehicles that law enforcement is getting are scary enough, and when have they EVER been necessary. Only thing you see them used for is carrying SWAT to a location, and a regular van would do the same thing for much cheaper. The militarization of police needs to stop and it needs to stop now.

I think that the rational of the heavy firepower is to be able to quell riots, that and the fact that the taxpayer is picking up the tab. With the current situation regarding a possible national gun ban, I bet the departments that have the heavy weaponry are glad they do right now. The question really is, will LE choose to execute the citizens that refuse to be disarmed?

The question really is, will LE choose to execute the citizens that refuse to be disarmed?

IMNSHO that depends upon where the LE are located.  Generally, more urban-based PD personnel (NYC, Chicago, LA, Tucson) seem to already be quick on the triggers.  As people get away from the inner cities, suburbia is a mixed bag, with LE in rural areas seeming to be more mindful of their Oath and citizens.

Jon

The question really is, will LE choose to execute the citizens that refuse to be disarmed?

Being a retired LEO and still active in the law enforcement community it is my opinion that the majority of rank & file officers will refuse to be involved in any gun confiscation actions. Law enforcement administrators  :strokin:  are the ones making all the noise!

Somehow I don't think confiscation would be that cut and dried to be perfectly honest. The same policemen who feel so strongly about confiscation, won't hesitate to raid a stash that is purported to belong to the local drug kingpin, or an underground weapons ring they've caught wind of...

It is my personal opinion that confiscation could be achieved by well meaning officers who are intentionally misinformed as to what they are really doing. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but I can see how it would be possible.

Fukstein has confiscation built into her new plan. 

First, you must register your "assault weapons" as NFA items (submit your paperwork - Form 4 - and all that goes with it, pay your $200, wait your 6~9 months for approval).

Second, when you die, it IS NOT transferrable to anyone else, and gets surrendered to the .gov.  Gone, forever.

Now, some people think that's okay - "I'm dead, it doesn't matter" kind of thing.  My firearms, however, will remain with my family when I'm gone.  Under Fukstein's plan, that won't be legal...  Call it "time-phased confiscation," because that's exactly what it is.  It pacifies us right now, simply relieved that "we can keep them," but in the long run, you and your family will be disarmed in the future.