• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR 8 When did you order? When (if yet) did you receive it.

GS455

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to GDrights308,  while waiting for my rra elite operator "for ever"  I was in a gun store in Houston and they had a DPMS LR-308 Oracle and I decided to go ahead and buy it not knowing what the FOOLS in Washington were going to do.  I have really enjoyed shooting it.  I took it right out of the box to my target range and over the past several months have run about 100 rounds through it without a problem.  Of course the Hogs on my property have dissappeared knowing I have it set up with an ATN Night Arrow Gen 2 night scope. Now that my RRA Elite Operator is here, after 399 days of waiting, I will have to see which gun I like best and which one I will sell my buddy who is chomping at the bit to get one of them.  I'll report back on which one I keep.

• 2 weeks later...

1) What model? (LAR-8 Elite Operator with ACE stock)
2) What dealer? (Class 3 Weapons)
3) When did you order? (April 10, 2012)
4) When did you receive it?  (Still waiting)

. . . . . and STILL WAITING

Good grief . . . . A YEAR  >:(  Really???

Edited by GS455

• 2 weeks later...

What a predicament. 280 days to go, and the possibility my standard op will be outlawed by the criminals in DC before it ever arrives. Any suggestions as a second choice?

I decided to keep the RRA  LAR-8 Elite Operator.  My buddy bought the DPMS LR-308 Oracle.  That was a good gun.  My neighbor who is just out of the marine corp showed me just how well it shoots.  I highly recommend it.  The Rock River shoots well too.   I must say, however, that I am a little disappointed with the lack of information you can get from the dealer and RRA while waiting for over a year for a weapon.  It reminded me of the attitude the soup nazi takes on the old Seinfeld tv series. Basically just place your order and wait.  Don't call us, They will decide if we need to know anything,  even after you were told it would be in between 90 and 120 days from the FOD.   I mean really? 399 days to get a gun.  They told me once they were waiting on barrels and had no idea when they would get them.  Really!  No wonder China is killing us in the market place.

• 2 weeks later...

Yawn !!!

Thirteen months. How are they able to stay in business if they can deliver product.

Ordered Mine on August 15th 2012 and came in today.  Rock River Arms just started shipping thier LAR-8 friday last week.  They were out of lowers for awhile.  Also Rockriver Arms prices went up so you will pay the newer price.  Per thier website Prices subject to change.  Hopefully yours will be in soon.  Also been Hearing gunshops selling out from under people cause they are getting premium for the rifle.

Fisherob, is yours an LAR8 Elite Operator? Who was your dealer?

I can't imagine having to pay more. I have a downpaymenf and order confirmation.

I have the Lar8 Varmint with 26 inch barrell.  I had the same thing.  My total at time of ordering was $1660.  I put a $1000 down.  I thought the Gunshop was just trying to tack on more money on the price of the gun so I called Rock River Arms and they said yes the price has changed and they pass that price change onto the dealer.  If you look at thier website you will see that the base cost increased by $200.  Well at least in my case. It's all good I was just happy to finnaly get it.  I live in Wisconsin but bought the rifle in Illinois so they saved me some money by not charging me taxes and paying cash.

WHEN??? 2014???

Dems may pick up more seats by then and we'll all be screwed.

Not with the sheit-storm going on right now - they've pretty much sealed their fate.

IRS...

Benghazi...

Justice Dept hitting AP phones...

All the other Administration Lying... 

For 2014, they're done.

My prediction.