• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

JP Bolts at Brownells

phunk

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolts/ar-15-m16-ar-style-308-enhancedbolt-trade-bolt-assembly-308-enhancedbolt-sku452-000-113-40077-77509.aspx

I just ordered one. I dont know if I should have yet, but I want my rifle done this spring/summer and I dont want to let things I have read are good parts pass me up and then not be able to find them later.

I am supposed to order the SI Defense BCG when they are ready to ship my receiver set... but thats another thing I dont want to risk... I would hate to wait so long and then they dont have them ready to ship yet for a long time or something.

Now I wish I would have ordered the DPMS bolt carrier I saw last week. 

I assume this bolt comes assembled... so I would still need the carrier, the firing pin, the cam pin, and the cotter pin thing for the firing pin. Anything else? If any of those parts are the same as their 5.56 counterpart, please let me know so I can purchase asap.

Edited by phunk

• 1 month later...

They're way too expensive but I'll be decking out at least one AR-15 with JP BCG, buffer, and possibly barrel. I'm curious to see what the fuss is all about. Only one though because I think doing all of mine like that would mean quite a few less firearms in my safe. Firing an AR with basic stock parts and then moving to one with higher end products gives a new perspective on what they all should be.

Would there be any issues running this bolt in a DPMS matte bolt carrier? I recently got a the matte carrier and bolt component kit from midway and am looking for a bolt. Was really hoping to get the matching DPMS bolt to save some money, but the JP one is in stock. Thanks.

Would there be any issues running this bolt in a DPMS matte bolt carrier? I recently got a the matte carrier and bolt component kit from midway and am looking for a bolt. Was really hoping to get the matching DPMS bolt to save some money, but the JP one is in stock. Thanks.

JP is top quality so you shouldn't have any issues. However, you should check your headspacing as always. Other bolts are occassionally popping back up on the market. You might want to get on a few email lists for bolts and save the money. Waiting could take a month or so depending how quick you are to check your email and place an order. Good luck.

Edited by jrtmasp

JP is top quality so you shouldn't have any issues. However, you should check your headspacing as always. Other bolts are occassionally popping back up on the market. You might want to get on a few email lists for bolts and save the money. Waiting could take a month or so depending how quick you are to check your email and place an order. Good luck.

I haven't built the rifle yet, I'm still gathering parts. Thank you for the info

They work fine in DPMS carriers, that is what I use ... all with JP Bolts.

I have a never used DPMS (308) bolt if you are interested, I got the JP because of the finish but the DPMS would probably work just fine.

I Gunkote all my carriers with Hi-Lube PTFE black , FWIW for the same reason.