• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bobro or ADM

This is my 50mm Obj. scope, 30mm ADM-Recon  w/20 moa & Buttler Creek scope caps, as you can see there's not much clearence left if you're going to use scope caps. ADM says they're 1.470 ( I assume that's correct) http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/298/      Primary Arms shows 1.403 (Type o ?) https://www.primaryarms.com/American_Defense_ADRECON_30MM_20_MOA_Moun_p/ad-recon-30-20moa.htm if you plan to use scope caps don't forget to factor them into your clearance.

20130411_222046.jpg

20130411_221842.jpg

20130411_221955.jpg

Edited by BLKSHEEP

Well I have done a lot more research and thinking. I and 80-90% on the Aadland 20 MOA mount. Yes I know its not the Bobro or ADM I had originally  thought about going with lol. This rifle will be somewhat of a precision rig and I dont plan of using back up iron sights. If I do I can always go the route of the 45 degree angle sights or mounts and  mount a small red dot. I am still  not 100%  but am getting there, buy once cry once lol.

What scope are you going to use?  If I had a 30mm or 35mm scope tube I would definately get the AAD mount.  EASY decision for me.  Because they do not have the updated model in 34mm my decision is much harder.  Theres always the Spuhr but it is overkill for me and I don't want to spend $450+ on a mount.  IMO the AAD  as good or better than the spuhr for my use, I was set on using it too which I was going to get a razor HD.  Now that I have a 34mm tube, my options are not as good (although there may be more of them).

This is my 50mm Obj. scope, 30mm ADM-Recon  w/20 moa & Buttler Creek scope caps, as you can see there's not much clearence left if you're going to use scope caps. ADM says they're 1.470 ( I assume that's correct) http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/298/      Primary Arms shows 1.403 (Type o ?) https://www.primaryarms.com/American_Defense_ADRECON_30MM_20_MOA_Moun_p/ad-recon-30-20moa.htm if you plan to use scope caps don't forget to factor them into your clearance.

The Centerline changes per scope ring size with the ADM mount.  For a 34mm tube it is 1.55".  Also there's different heights of various uppers, and for me I don't have that rail sticking up in front of the upper either, which would allow me to get even closer to the barrel if I desired.  All things someone should take into consideration.

I was about to get the badger 1.30" centerline mount, but ended up ordering the JP one piece 34mm mount.  Apparently I also accidentally ordered the ADM mount but I think I will send it back.

Edited by Justintoxicated

I'm drooling......... I cant pick mine up for another couple of weeks waiting on the tax man, thank goodness for layaway at my local gun store  lol. I have all the replacement parts for my Super Sass now. I transferred my Night Force over to this rifle as well as my Harris notched swivel 6-9 " bi-pod. I installed  the Phoenix tactical pod claw and rubber pads on the bi-pod. GG&G adapter. A MDT recoil pad for the PRS stock, Spikes Tactical winter trigger guard, Ergo palm shelf grip and Giessle SSA trigger that I used in another AR platform with about 500 rnds  through it so very smooth. AAC thread protector and  I will be ordering the Aadland 1 piece mount.  I will  post a pic of it when I am done. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did it I ordered the Aadland mount after some serious thought and help from you guys. I will run a side mounted red dot a some point. I just received the mount yesterday and let me tell you wow. Very well built like a tank and very nice machining.  I am surprised he does not charge more. 

I bought an Addmount too. But it's the only one I know so can't really compare. It is a very well built mount. Looks beautiful. I really like that it is very smooth. I thought the addition of the level was a nice touch, but in real life, it is hard to see. There is just no light down there and no back light. I do use it, but in low light... probably not.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the 35mm Addmount but decided against using spacers, and their 34mm version is just ok.  Still a good mount by all means but there was allot of improvements to the 35mm version.  I doubt I'd bother upgrading at this point because I am very happy with the JP mount.

Here' a picture of the JP mount I ended up with.

8729541567_4437982a9d_b.jpg
308_7 by Glamisduner, on Flickr
Edited by Justintoxicated