• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bobro or ADM

Ok so I am having one of those ocd moments that I would like some advice on. I am looking at using either the Bobro or ADM mount on a AR-10 Super SASS and using my Night Force NXS 3.5-15x50. Max range 500 yards and this is to be a precision rig set up. I am still unsure if I will ever put BUIS on it., but its always and option. 

I have read reviews online and watched a you tube video review where both mounts were tried. He used his AI AE Mk 2 .308 at 100 yards with black hills ammo. Both mounts were tested the same way by shooting a  10 shot group to ensure the optic was zeroed in. The operator   removed the mount, shot another 10  shot group shot. Then if memory serves  he would shoot 1 round and remove them shoot again for a total of 10 times. Time was taken to minimize shooter fatigue and ensure that any deviation was not due from the barrel heating up. 

The Bobro returned to zero after every time, the ADM did not. The operator stated both were good mounts and when the ADM was not removed it would hold zero.  So since I hate Murphy am I obsessing over nothing, buy one cry once and spend the extra cash on the Bobro or save the money and go ADM and not worry about it and use it for  therapy on the ocd lol. 

Thanks Guys

The Bobro mount is second to none imho. The locking mechanism is genius. The screws are not exposed and the use of Allen nuts seals the deal. The Trijicon mounts are private labeled Bobro. The ADM and Larues  would be my second choice with the nod to Larue for looks. In fact I think the Larue is the best looking of the three with Bobro being the ugliest LOL

I have the ADM and remove it often,it always goes back to the same POI....well atleast within .75Moa which is about the best I can usually produce. Unless you & your rifle can consistently shoot less than .5 Moa you will never see much or any difference between the top brand mounts as far as accuracy goes. IMO. If it's going to bug you I say get the Bobro for piece of mind. Or http://www.gdiengineering.com/store/products/p-rom-l-modeltm-rifle-optic-mount-0moa.html  :))

Edited by BLKSHEEP

The Bobro mount is second to none imho. The locking mechanism is genius. The screws are not exposed and the use of Allen nuts seals the deal. The Trijicon mounts are private labeled Bobro. The ADM and Larues  would be my second choice with the nod to Larue for looks. In fact I think the Larue is the best looking of the three with Bobro being the ugliest LOL

I 100% agree with this assessment.  I have one Bobro mount, and several ADM mounts.  Several.  I have a Bobro review up somewhere on this site.

What about the Warne rings? they guarantee return to zero.

That's all I use on my bolt guns.  Love them.  They straight fucking work.  Great.  Warne Maxima Steel QR mounts.

Whilst doing some more reading, I have came across the Aadland mount. Without getting into the mechanics and why one is different than the other, by just looking at it, it looks similar to the Sphur. The Sphur has various holes for mounting various rails on the mount. The Aadland replaces the top part of the ring with a offset mount.   They cost about half of the Sphur and what reviews I have read I heard that they are quite a mount SWFA sells them. Mile HIgh sells the Sphur for $410. On  SWFA (for ease of use)  Aadland goes for $230, Bobro $200 ish and ADM $185. 

I really wanted the Aadland mount, but I would have to use spacers for my 34mm tube scope :(   Now I'm looking at Sphur, but I need someone to convince me that it is worth the money because it is damn expensive.  I don't care about QD I care about having a super solid mount.  The Aadland with spacers is still an option, it just seems like I'm paying alot for something that requires a spacer....I emailed them and they told me they might be producing a 34mm mount in 6-9 months, but that is a long time to wait to mount my scope...

I'm looking at the JP mount too it is under $200, I know it is not as nice but is it good enough?  I don't think Bobro makes a 20moa cantelever mount with 34mm rings so I tossed them out quick.

Other people have suggested Badger ordinance or nightforce mounts, but I'm not sure I like they way they attach to the rail?  Or is their mechanism good enough?  I guess Larue would be nice, I own a couple of their QD mounts but I' not sure I would want it marking the rail on my matched upper receiver.  if I had a regular forged upper I would probably just get that because it would be more easily replaced if I so desired.  Then again I have also heard that Larue mounts don't work well with heavy scopes?

The American Defense mount is also an option, but I don't like the vertical rings, and heard some people dislike the latches.  It also puts the scope up a little higher than others mentioned, and I want it as close to the barrel as possible.

Then again I would like QD to make storing in my safe easier...Hmmm I can't decide!

Edited by Justintoxicated

Really? where did you hear that? I have a Leupold mk4 scope, in a Larue mount, and haven't had any issues….. :eek13:

Yea, it was from a popular online scope store representative. Said they have to much side to side play when it came to heavy scopes (Maybe he meant when re-mounting?) I was kind of surprised too so I started to search.  Only thing I found was one guy said that when adjusted as per instructions his scope would shift from side to side, so he simply re-adjusted it super tight to the point where it is no longer QD, and that solved his problem.  I have a couple larue mounts for a bipod and one for a FTS magnifier that work fine but it did concern me since this is my first large scope (over 2lbs).

The problem I'm having now is that the JP mount is only $160 bucks, for a little more I can get the larue QD mount.  then the price jumps $100 for the Bobro, at which point it is only $75 more to get the Sphur.

Other people suggest I simply buy a 20moa rail and then pickup some rings in case I want to use the scope on another rifle later.

I can't decide, but only $160 for the JP mount...only $160 bucks compared to other solutions, and I don't know how much they buy me. QD is nice for me when storing in my safe, but not a required.  I won't be running BUIS on this gun..  Bolting a rail to a rail and then rings to that rail does not seem like the most secure option, but I bet it works perfectly fine.  I'm feeling QD is really over hyped but the Bobro is a good fit now that they put the studs on the top, otherwise how to you torque them down properly?

It's worth that, in spades.

I believe you, but is it $100 better than the Larue? It could easily cover the cost of 2 JP mounts as well.  I wish I knew what the centerline height over the rail is for it, but its not listed on their website.

Ok so I thought the ADM was too high in the 34mm variety because the centerline is at 1.55".

Contacted Bobro and they informed me the centerline is 1.620"

I know Larue has some lower profile models, so that is certainly something they have going for them.

The JP is tall too at 1.5"

Now I'm trying to decide between Larue SPR-S with a 10moa cant and a Nightforce non QD mount with 20moa cant that both have only a 1.44" centerline.

The Larue is cheaper even though it is a QD mount.

Maybe a Badger mount, but I don't know if they are aluminum or stianless yet.  They have one that is 1.3" which will work perfect if it is aluminum.

Well I have done a lot more research and thinking. I and 80-90% on the Aadland 20 MOA mount. Yes I know its not the Bobro or ADM I had originally  thought about going with lol. This rifle will be somewhat of a precision rig and I dont plan of using back up iron sights. If I do I can always go the route of the 45 degree angle sights or mounts and  mount a small red dot. I am still  not 100%  but am getting there, buy once cry once lol.