• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pistol grip choices

I would like to replace the standard grip that comes with the DPMS LPK and am leaning toward Magpul, either the MIAD or MOE. I would think I would prefer something that's rubberized but I also like the adaptability if the MIAD. What are your preferences? Personal preferences? I know Houge make a quality product too. Any feedback on those? FYI my hands are rather large so a larger grip would be better...

MIAD is the largest grip, but the MOE+ (make sure it has the +) has got to be the most comfortable grip I own.

If you like big grips, you should also look into a Pearce 1911 Grip Adapter.

Personally, I'm looking into the new Magpul K-2 grip coming soon. I think that is what my pistol build will use.

So far I have the:

MIAD

MOE+ (x2)

BCM Gunfighter Mod0 and Mod1 (too small and too short on the trigger reach)

Troy BattleAxe (very small, but I love this one)

Tango Down BG-16 (bad angle for me, kinda like a Glock)

Ergo Grip (this was ok, but I like the MOE+ more)

A2 (I have a whole box of bastard grips)

Call me crazy, but I like the Umbrella Corp grip I put on my 5.56 - the angle seems so much more ergonomic and comfortable to me. unfortunately I love the palm shelpf Ergo I have on my .308 build so I won't change it out. But any other builds will be done using the Umbrella one. Drawbacks are no texture (stippling) and no storage compartment.

I'm pretty sure Umbrella Corp uses Magpul MOE grips and then puts their own laser eteched logo on it

I beg to differ - I have both and there is a pretty significant difference in the grip angle of them. My picture sucked so here's stickmans (shamelessly grabbed of the tubes):

AERO2539-Edit-A-1200-Stick.jpg

I find the more vertical aspect of it much better feeling in my hand,especially after any extended amount of time shooting, like the 2 day carbine class I did over 1k rounds in. I'm going to use the Umbrella grip on all my builds now, other than my .308 with the palm shelf grip...