• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First Build

bubbasks

Hey yall ide figure ide throw in my first build. Came out better than expected. Everything went together great. So far i have around 200 factory loads and 200 of my oun through it. Shoots .48" 3shot at 100, ~4" at 600 and ~10" at 1k. Ive got my load set where i want it for 168's. 2710 with 16fps deviation at around 60 ft alt. Put a couple pics of the rifle, 100 yd 3 shot and our 1k target. Top hits are 168's and low are 175's. Here are the specs:

Dpms lower with ace stock,JP silent capture spring assembly, Geissele match DMR trigger,Royal Arms grip

Upper:FA 22" bull barrel,Fulton Armory side cocking upper receiver, Fulton side cocking chromed carrier,JP enhanced bolt assembly, Troy trx free float, Wilson Combat adjustable gas block,JP B.C. Brake,PRI gas buster charging handle, Harris bipod and Steiner 4-16x50

Im in the middle of making a rifle scope camera mout and hope to have som video up in a month or so.

post-13558-0-00169300-1366589907_thumb.j

post-13558-0-14120400-1366589950_thumb.j

post-13558-0-42876800-1366589967_thumb.j

Thank you!All i did to this was lay down a base coat of desert tan, then lay some cheese cloth over where i want it and give it a quick spritz. Then layed a branch from a plant here and a quick spritz over that and clear. I just did plain old rattle can rustolium flat camo because i like to see how things look before i do a more permanent/expensive route. Wont stand up to abuse but once it starts lookin ratty ill do a full strip/blast and do it properly. I shoot every weekend but other rifles ive done like this are still lookin good after a couple years so who knows when ill re apply. If you want it to last and know itll be how you want it just rough up good and primer and ceracote.

• 4 months later...