• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MAGPUL PRS AR10 versus MAGPUL PRS AR15

imschur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently got a great deal on a PRS stock buffer tube,spring and buffer, well the stock turned out to be the AR-15 type. I contacted Magpul and the do sell conversion kits for around $32 shipped. it includes a new cheek piece and buffer tube sleeve.

I've emailed Magpul requesting details on the PRS AR-15 conversion kit (no reply yet) and searched hi & low on the web trying to find more info on the cheek piece. Does anyone have pictures of this kit installed? or know where I could find some? Or know where there's a  black PRS for AR10/SR25 in stock?

Thanks in advance! 

^^^ That's exactly what I have, Magpul makes a kit to convert/replace the cheek piece so it will fit correctly on a 308AR. I can't find any real info and images of that kit. It's likely just a cheek piece from the AR-10/SR-25 model PRS but it could be a hybrid?

The title in Brownells link includes 308 but it's misleading. 

http://308ar.com/magpul_prs_differences.htm

Edited by BLKSHEEP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 6/4/2013 at 4:29 PM, iSteve4g said:

What buffer and spring would/do you use with a AR10 PRS stock?  I have a rifle-length buffer and spring and the bolt won't come all the way back.  The tube isnt long/deep enough. 

Mine did the same thing. Then I discovered the screw that went thru the butt pate was to long. I measured the length needed for the bcg to go back all the way then I shortened the screw, if I recall correctly it was 5/8". That may not be your problem but it was mine.

8 hours ago, darb said:

Mine did the same thing. Then I discovered the screw that went thru the butt pate was to long. I measured the length needed for the bcg to go back all the way then I shortened the screw, if I recall correctly it was 5/8". That may not be your problem but it was mine.

I hope he got it solved he had the problem over 3 years ago ?