• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 Trigger suggestion

Not really understanding why you had to remove something just to run a trigger.  Do you have more information/explanation on what had to come out, and why?

I discovered this question after I said I would refrain from chatter, but I guess it's aimed at me so I will respond. The apparatus on the top of the 24-series triggers  http://www.hiperfire.com/hipertouch243g.html is interrupted by the ambi-bolt release lever (on a S&W MP-10 ..for sure) that is not present on non-ambi lower receivers.  If the release lever is removed it clears and operates flawlessly.  Without, it does not fit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that the safety had an issue.  I recently had the same issue with my Stag LPK on my AR15.  I ended up purchasing a Noveske 60 degree Ambi-Safety so that my Geissele HSNM DMR trigger would work.  I moved this trigger from my LR308 to my Precision build AR15.  I now have the Geissele SD-E in my LR308 instead, I like it much better for the 308 it just feels right, and the DMR feels perfect for the .223.

I guess it's just my opinion.

Yes , that is what I meant to say . Ambi Bolt release is shown in your photo & was was the dummy latch you made . My bad for not proof checking my post . I originally thought you were talking about something on the trigger system its self , but looking at your photo it was clear it was the Bolt release .

Ambi. Bolt release lever probably works with out a problem with the FCG it was designed around .

Edited by survivalshop

Was not trying to 'sell' anything or even convince anyone to purchase a Hyperfire.  The 24-3G I have is on the par with a Jewell target trigger on a M-700 so it works for me.

Consider it  another arrow in your quiver should someone ask plusses and minuses on a 24-G3 you can at least answer.  I have never touched a Geissele so cannot make a personal comment.. From what I hear they are great triggers, but at least in my mind, I cannot see how they could be better for me than the one I have.  Difficulty of installation in some applications accepted.

Thank You for bearing with me ::)

At this point, I'm just interested in seeing where the contact was, what hit what, and why the trigger didn't work.  I'd much rather see a pic of the problem, than try to envision it through written words. 

I'd also much rather use a trigger that didn't decrease a capability that is built into the base rifle.  So, in short, I'd run a compatible trigger, something like a Geissele, rather than an incompatible trigger, such as the HF. 

Maybe one of the Geissele triggers wouldn't work either - I just have a hard time understanding where this interference was, and how a standard trigger worked if something else won't.

Very good info , & as you put it , "another Arrow in your Quiver ". Wonder if or how that trigger would work in other Ambi-Bolt releases . I have a POF , but it works differently then that S&W seems to.

I assume you looked at altering the Ambi ?

DUNNO! That is a moot point with me the plug was my MP-10 'fix'.  Anything left-handed (to Me) is akin to a teat on a boar ... I am a right-right handed person ::)

Looks like the linking rod or lever to link the left side to the right side , must interfere with this trigger system . I'll get some Photo's of how its set up on my POF Lower Receiver, I think it is set up differently . 

Sorry SURVIVALSHOP.. Saw this post AFTER I replied. Yes, it IS and it DOES exactly that.

At this point, I'm just interested in seeing where the contact was, what hit what, and why the trigger didn't work.  I'd much rather see a pic of the problem, than try to envision it through written words. 

I'd also much rather use a trigger that didn't decrease a capability that is built into the base rifle.  So, in short, I'd run a compatible trigger, something like a Geissele, rather than an incompatible trigger, such as the HF. 

Maybe one of the Geissele triggers wouldn't work either - I just have a hard time understanding where this interference was, and how a standard trigger worked if something else won't.

With all due respect, Sir..

smart_enough_zps0dddb83a.jpg

With all due respect, Sir..

smart_enough_zps0dddb83a.jpg

Haha!  That's a good one - I have 3 ambi lowers, and not one of them has anything coming into the fire control pocket that would interfere with a trigger assembly - not one.  I don't have a lower that's got the S&W M&P10 setup on it, on the right side.  In fact, very few people here have the M&P10.  YOU could probably help the rest of the community out a little bit, instead of being all snide about it, and show what the interference is...

It's up to you to figure out if you can do that, or if pride will get in your way...  <dontknow>

Your last post should remove all doubt as to why I stated what you quoted, in the first place...  You answered your own question...

Haha!  That's a good one - I have 3 ambi lowers, and not one of them has anything coming into the fire control pocket that would interfere with a trigger assembly - not one.  I don't have a lower that's got the S&W M&P10 setup on it, on the right side.  In fact, very few people here have the M&P10.  YOU could probably help the rest of the community out a little bit, instead of being all snide about it, and show what the interference is...

It's up to you to figure out if you can do that, or if pride will get in your way...  <dontknow>

Your last post should remove all doubt as to why I stated what you quoted, in the first place...  You answered your own question...

I promised only one shot across your bow.  Help me keep that promise and STAY OUT OF MY FACE... You are only feeding a childish ego.  Thank You Kindly <thumbsup>

This information is NOT at the behest of my would-be Antagonist, it is for those who truly question anything I have said about the HYPERFIRE 24-3G trigger in the S&W MP-10.  That said, I seriously doubt that anyone really expects me to disassemble it, re-assemble in factory configuration (to take a picture), and again assemble the components that are currently functioning perfectly? 

There are other comments other than mine about the fact the 24-3G will not fit into an ambi-equipped S&W MP-10.  Including HYPERFIRES own site explaining ‘what it won’t fit’ http://www.hiperfire.com/resources/what-lowers-will-the-hipertouch-fcgs-not-work-in/

Also, this links to a video comparing top of the line triggers.  The audio is poor but improves as it progresses.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhkmzcjjny8#t=1093  Interestingly, they give favorable evaluations to ALL of the triggers.  So rest easy, whatever you have chosen in the top of the line category is a ‘good’ trigger.  No brand is being slammed!

I trust this information will clear any confusion. Best to the audience, illusion <thumbsup>

Edited by illusion

From what I see looking at the hyperfire trigger,it's mechanical configuration is more bulky and it is reasonable to see where it requires more space to operate than triggers of conventional size and configuration. Kind like putting a 6.2 litre engine into a stock 1930 Ford coupe. It can be done but requires some mild modification to the coupe, however if I sell you a 6.2 litre engine I would think you should be told that it won't fit into all cars made since 1912. That information is on the Hyperfire web site.

Thanks for reminding us men that don't always read the warnings and instructions before we buy a 6.2 trigger.