• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Once yet again........

Rsquared

So.....I've related different stories about how I shouldn't just go "pop in" to my local gun pusher. Well........here's yet another one.

So I go stumbling through the door of my local guys place. I had all of the best intentions of just buying a couple more of the AAC brakes and comps that he's had. He's had a nice assortment of them lately. I had just hooked a brother up with one......and me.....being the anal (not that way you buncha degenerates) parts collector....figured that I had to replace what was missing. Well, needless to say, he was out of the 5.56 comps (no biggie, I still have more). Though it figures.....if I'm lookin for 5.56......he has 7.62.......and vice versa. So.....I'm poking around the shop (figuring that there is always something else that I can buy), when he tells me that he thought that I was there to pick up. I'm shocked......I'm non-plussed.....the clouds are parting and the sunbeams are shining down upon me. I mean, after all.....it's only been about 80 days since I submitted some paperwork for some AR-15 lowers. God damn communist state that I live in.

So, he chucks the 2 Seekins lowers on the counter and we start finalizing the paperwork.........god forbid that you don't have one more signature after all this time. As we're doing this, I start talking to him about some Armalite (yeah....I'm sure this shocks some of you guys) AR-10 lowers that I've had on order through him since November (2 of them). That in itself is a whole another aggravating story for a different thread. When, as we're talking, he says that he has some Black Rain Billet 308 sets. Well, I pretend to pass this off with a wave of my hand while saying that the only SR25/DPMS platform that I have is the POF SBR (that's still waiting in his safe for the ATF). I mean, why would I want to keep expanding the size of the collection with different patter rifles? I mean, I'm an Armalite guy. Say's so in my tag line under my screenname for Christ's sake.

Until.......he drops that BRO billet set in front of me. DAMMIT! He SUCKS! He BLOWS! He's a money vacuum to my bank account. AND.......he knows the kind of stuff that I like. I mean, I specifically didn't bring my checkbook with me, so as I wouldn't do any impulse buying. Well.........we see how well that worked. Next thing you know....I'm telling him "put my name on that one".....and "I'll be by Monday to pay you". That son of a bitch. I swear he's determined to drain my wallet.

So, with that, this brings me up to a total of 5 AR-15's, and the one 308 AR sets/lowers that I've got from him in the last couple of months. Hell, at this rate, I'm gonna need to draw up an official production schedule for myself. I mean, I gotta be putting out, or planning about a least 1/3 of what Tom does at this point. And that really proves the sickness.  <lmao>

On a side note. The BRO 308 billet set is pretty nice. Quality machining (as they do with all of their stuff). One more thing that I'll be looking forward to building off of.

Well bitches.......thanks for letting me vent. And as usual........I did it to myself...........again.

Semper FI

Carry On

I'm jealous. Forged receivers are still selling for +$200 here.

Ps thanks again for the help

Don't be too jealous. The matched set is going for some where around 550+.........I think. You know, come to think of it........we didn't really talk price too much. DAMN.....no wonder he likes me. <laughs>

Oh....and I didn't even tell you guys about the last time I went in there a couple weeks ago. Well, I don't think I did......everything's a blur lately. Been working my ass off. Now (will be after the state gestapo does their thing) I'm the proud owner of a desert eagle.

I mean...who doesn't like .44 size wholes blown into things?

Talk about impulse buys.............................................it's a disease I tell you...........................................................................................

HEY! I might be in the "hood" section of PG county here in my leftist state of Maryland. But I still ain't goin for the bling gun.

On a more semi-serious note. I actually wanted a .357 eagle since I already stock that round for my Smith 626. Yes, yes I know......that's the stainless one, right after I said that I don't want bling type of stuff. But I bought that one off of my (ex) father-in-law right before he passed years ago. So, it's got a little sentimental value to me......beside being a magnum that is.

I figure that I can always swap out the upper slide to the .357 version for the majority of shooting. But......a .44 is kinda fun also.

Don't be too jealous. The matched set is going for some where around 550+.........I think. You know, come to think of it........we didn't really talk price too much. DAMN.....no wonder he likes me. <laughs>

if its only $550 for a 308 matched set, that's not bad at all. Considering i'm still seeing AR15 matched sets go for close to that.