• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rainier has nickel boron 308 BCGs in stock $323

Ya and I talked to them on Tuesday it didn't sound like they had any clue on time frame. So thats why i finaly pulled the trigger on this BCG I got money down on a SI NIB 308 I'll probaly buy when ever it comes in just to complete my Montana AR. I picked up one of there 308 muzzle brakes the other day.they are selling them now. But I'm running a NEMO flashider on my rifle guess I'll have to build one more 308 lol one more!

Ok got this baby in I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow so I slide it in the gun works great close it up go to charge the rifle and it won't slide back. Now I have an armalite bolt catch are they any difference between them and a dpms. I took out e forward assist thinking that may have been the problem but it was not. Any help would be great I'll get some pics up as soon as I can

Did you have a mag in it? Not that it should make a difference. Just wondering. There is a difference between the Armalite and the DPMS bolt catch. The Armalite catch is beefier. But either one of them would be in the downward position when you go to charge the rifle. A simple test to rule it out. Try charging it while pushing in on the paddle of the bolt catch.

The problems with an AR 15 catch is that they some times miss the bolt on lock back or don't catch enough of the bolt to hold it back & will drop the BCG with just a slight bump of the rifle .

I would make sure that the Bolt catch is seating properly in the lower receiver. Check the height of the AR 15 catch & then install the AR 10 catch & compare the two to see if the AR 10 may not be seating all the way into the lower receiver.

All have to remember that there are no Ml spec's on the AR 308 type rifles , so some tolerance stacking could be happening . Most can be over come , but some can't.

The measurement can be done with a digital caliper( as in the photo below ) dial caliper or what ever you can find to take a hight measurement. Take a measurement with it in catch mode (mag holding BCG back ) & at rest. Compare the two catch's , at there different mode's .

post-11255-0-96011100-1374233849_thumb.j

Edited by survivalshop