Shadow Ops has 308 US NiB BCGs for $236

EasyEJL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

sorry to resurrect an old thread... but got a question for the guys that bought this BCG. (I did too)

Did you headspace the bolt to your barrel? Reason I am asking is I finally got my new upper/lower set (Devil Dog Arms) to rebuild my .308 (going to replace all the stock Bushmaster parts and sell it) and I went to headspace it last night and in the process bent 2 roll pin punches (1/16") trying to remove the ejector. What really bugs me is that I bought the Manson gauges, that advertise a cutout so that you don't have to remove the ejector. Well, guess what...you do. The cutout is not big enough, both on the .223 and the .308 version.

Anyways... anyone have an issue with the roll pin? It's not my first ejector removal, but damn it sure felt like it was! Not sure if my punches jut weren't up the the task of a quality component, but we'll find out soon. Bought a new set and just waiting for delivery. But curious if anyone has removed it, and if there were any issues? Is it just a really tight fit? I've had some that came out hard, but never have I bent a punch. I'll have to wait until I get the new punches so I have time to ask these dumb question... ::)

I removed mine for Head Spacing with out a problem . 

Did you try both ends of the pin ? It is a small pin & small punch to remove it , so it would be easy to bend a tool . Its also easy to cover the opposite hole to keep the pin from moving , even with a good pin block .

Edited by survivalshop

I did... both ends, and three 1/16" punches (all now bent). There was a large enough open area under it so nothing was keeping it from coming out.

I did find another QUALITY punch (seekins) in my kit this afternoon and worked it worked it worked it until I actually did get it to come loose. MAN was it tight! Looks like I ned to upgrade my punch set to better steel... good news is the bolt headspaced with no issues.

Stay away from Arms Unlimited. They're a shady retailer. They got caught selling fake Raddlock bullet buttons and fake Rainier Raptor charging handles. I got swindled buying one of their fake Raddlocks and was wondering to myself why everybody thought they were so good because mine sucked until I found out I got a fake.

Edited by FaRKle!

Stay away from Arms Unlimited. They're a shady retailer. They got caught selling fake Raddlock bullet buttons and fake Rainier Raptor charging handles. I got swindled buying one of their fake Raddlocks and was wondering to myself why everybody thought they were so good because mine sucked until I found out I got a fake.

You're liking that real Raddlock now though!