• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SI Defense receiver sets???

AR-Ghost

I'm planning on building my rifle around their new gen 4 308 receiver set! I've read some reviews that have me second guessing going with SI Defense . I read some good reviews that guys were just stoked with their receiver fit and quality! And then there are some bad reviews with different fit issues, machining flaws, and just overall bad finish quality, but all the reviews were 2-3yrs old! Has any one bought one recently or have any experience with SI Defense. I have heard nothing but good things about Mega Arms and Black Rain Ordnance Receivers but they are around $150-200 more and with the build price already getting over 2k any where I can save money I'd like too! Any info would be great thanks

I just got a hold of a new gen4 set for a buddy. I personally own a Gen2. I think the older gen matches up lines better from the upper/lower set. The Gen4 I have here is very tight. We had a member with a bad experience not long ago. SI D made good on it and replaced the parts.

You can't go wrong with any of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I have surfed this forum for quite some time as i have been planning a 308 build for a while and needed as much info as possible so i would like to start out by saying thank you for all the helpful information that is provided in this forum! Based on good reviews I have read, I finally decided on the SI Defense matching receiver set which was ordered back in June and was received today at my ffl. Everything looks good except the milling around the rear take down pin, it is very choppy and gouged. I have looked at many other pictures of the lower and the milling in that area seems to be much smoother then what is on mine. I was also surprised to find that the trigger reset set screw, the upper lower tension set screw and the selector detent set screw are not included. I will be emailing them the pictures tomorrow to see what type of resolution they will provide and will keep you all posted of the outcome.post-13907-0-14372700-1378347964_thumb.j

post-13907-0-64241800-1378348183_thumb.j

My faith with SI was restored this morning after talking to John. I realized that customer service and quality are a concern of his as he was very apologetic and bothered that these issues made it passed qc and out their doors. He sent me a shipping label shortly after our conversation and confirmed that resolution would be made immediately by the shipment of a new replacement set along with the set screws by the end of next week. If what I was told holds true, I will have nothing but positive things to say about SI.

Edited by gunsRcool