• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LR-308B handguard

I am sure this as been asked but I could not find any information on the searches I did.  So my question is will a TRX-308 12″ rail (STRX-E3A-12BT-00) and .936 Low-Profile Gas Block (SGAS-936-00BT-00) fit together on a DPMS LR-308B?  I can find the specs of the rail and of the barrel itself but not the gas block.  So my concern is not enough clearance for the combination of the 3.

Thanks in advance,

JW

Hi Ultra so is that a typo on barrel diam? What you really need to be concerned about is the height of the rail in relation to your upper....dpms a while back changed heights...so there are 2 different ones...on the trx website theres a diagram for you to measure your height.....you will see there are two different handguards to match up to your upper that you can order Wash

Yeah it is the 18" bull barrel, heavy son of a gun but I like it.  Don't like the smooth side upper so I am changing it out to one of the new low profile uppers and then ditching the stock hand guard as well. Torn between the troy as mentioned above and now I have started looking at the JP modular hand guards look to be a bit better put together.  Keep reading bad things about troy hand guards not locking down and slipping. 

JW

I'd be concerned about the "low profile" upper, especially if you already have the Troy. The lo-pro rail will be 1/16" lower if troy (that you may or may not have) is a standard one.

The "lo-pro" uppers are devil spawn and perhaps become the next non-standard part that will throw a wrench in the works in the not too distant future....but that's just my opinion.

-S

[EDIT] oh nevermind... just read that you were tossing out the stock handguard....

Edited by shibiwan

I wouldnt let the chatter of trx not locking down prevent you from getting one. I think at last count I have seven of them ...several on 6.8's and three on 308's....never have had a problem of movement at all....all of mine are full length handguards too :) Wash

Im guessing the vast majority of DPMS low pro uppers purchased over the past few years are the low ones. They will eventually become the standard by saturation. We will have SR25/DPMS old : DPMS : AR10 and a pile of proprietary heights. Anyone know if Fulton is still using the old DPMS height? I figure its only a matter of time until DPMS makes them switch.

Thanks for the support on the shoulder it does bite the big one but its been a problem that has been needing to get fixed.  To many years of doing dumb things finally caught up.  hopefully I can put some lead down range to tie me over till I go under the knife.

JW

Sorry about the shoulder I've had 2 surgeries on my right one and about to have some kind of arthroscopic on one of my knees.