• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Xds 45&9 recall?!

shepp

Was just coming on to post this.

Schit - my .45 is in that range.  Wonder how they're gonna like the PRP parts that are in it, when it shows up at their factory?...

Don't know but I've heard Springfield will replace only the questionable parts, send you back any of your own parts after replacing them with stock parts again...same thing Ruger does.

Was just coming on to post this.

Don't know but I've heard Springfield will replace only the questionable parts, send you back any of your own parts after replacing them with stock parts again...same thing Ruger does.

Think I saw something about that in the link I just posted too

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't sent the .45 in yet - keep meaning to call Springfield about it and find out what the exact problem is (which spring, which parts, etc.).  I'll call them next week and find out what's up.  Depending on what it is, I might have already changed it with other parts by now, and wouldn't send it in. 

They just updated their FAQ on 27 Sep.

Here's a link to the factory Recall page:

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/

Here's a direct link to the FAQ on it:

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/Recall%20FAQ.asp

The FAQ gets update every Friday, so check it often.  From this FAQ update, here's the big news.  Basically, I'd wait, guys.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We also understand your frustration with our lack of follow-up communication to this point and we are committing to you now that we will provide regular updates going forward.

We originally estimated a 30-day turn-around time, but it has unfortunately taken longer to develop and identify an upgrade solution. Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution. We will post our next update no later than Friday, October 4, and we will communicate immediately if a final solution is identified prior to that date. We wish that we could provide you with a specific return date at this time, but we are unfortunately unable to do so. Upgrades will be completed on a "first come / first served" basis.

Edited by 98Z5V

I've got at least 600 rnds through mine with maybe a fail to feed twice due to not seating the mag fully. I'm hoping this is a quality controll issue by making so much so fast and it only effects a few peices but untill they have a fix well never now exactly.

Springfield updated the recall info last Friday, 11 Oct.  They have a final solution now, and pistols will be going back to owners starting 21 Oct.  Just hit the same links above, and it'll take you to their website, with current information.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Put 50 rounds downrange today was the most accurate I could do with gloves on but it was the worst of that granted it was the first time I've ever shot with gloves!! If it was on my hip as intended I might have been warm. My hands were the issue. So I had my friend who shoots once a year shoot a Kimber carry pro and his own glock 27 and he made a center target hole at 7 yds one hole groups as he did withs the xds he's not alowed back but I'm hoping you got what you want cus this is the shyt!!

• 3 months later...