• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Looking for a Magpul UBR stock

rmart

Anyone know of a site that's offering them at a good discount/sale?

I know AIM last year was selling them for 199 shipped. I'm trying to find a similar deal.

NIB Magpul UBR, prefer to deal with an established vendor, I hear too many stories regarding counterfeit items or airsoft items on ebay/gunbroker.

Thanks,

Rich

$187 from DSG Arms, if you're registered as MIL/LEO with them. That's for the .308AR variant.

Wait... there's a different stock for the AR and the 308AR? I thought buttstocks were universal; the only thing you had to worry about was whether or not it was mil-spec or commercial in configuration.

I'll have to see if that discount applies to firefighters and first responders as well.

Edited by rmart

It's a different part number on the MP website, too, man.  Check closely.  The cheekpiece on the 308 stock is shorter, so it'll clear the longer charging handle when you pull it back.  Cheekpiece is longer on the 5.56 version.

DSG will set you up with discounts for FF and EMS, but you'll have to call them to set it up.  Register an account with them first, before you call.  Then make the call, give them whatever proof they need, and they'll convert the account.  Next time you sign in, you'll see the new pricing.

Looking here ( http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=470581 ), it looks as though the issue is isolated to the Armalite 308AR. Mine is a DPMS so I 'should' be OK. We'll see once I find one at a price I can swing.

Edit: Please forgive my confusion 98Z5V, I'm looking at this page: http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG330/86

The description of the specs says:

Features

• Mounts on durable Entry-Length Receiver Extension tube (included) to accommodate the common M4 carbine buffer and spring
  • 7-Position LOP adjustability with customizable preset system for fast access to preferred length
  • Adjustment lever requires only gross motor movement to operate yet the entire stock remains streamlined and anti-snag
  • Solid "fixed stock" lockup and consistent cheek weld in all positions
  • Enhanced lock mechanism w/ internal impact buffer increases drop strength and shock resistance
  • Multi-shell construction provides solid foundation and shields critical operating parts from penetration damage
  • Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
  • Stout construction provides counterbalance weight for improved weapon balance and handling
  • Storage compartment in tail of stock is removable and the door is reversible for user preference
  • Removable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increased impact protection
  • Sling Mounts
    • Front/Rear - Reversible QD swivel sling mounts fit up to 1.5" push-button swivels (swivel not included)
    • Bottom - 1.25" sling loop

Optional Accessories*

• Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55"
  • Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70"
  • Aluminum Strike Plate w/ 1.25" sling loop
  • Dual-side push-button QD Swivel Sling Mounts

Specifications**

• UBR Collapsible Butt Stock
    • Weight: 1.46 lb.
    • Weight, w/ Entry Receiver Extension: 1.63 lb.
    • Length, Stock: 8.00-11.36 in.
    • LOP Adjustment: 7-Position (0.56 in. / position)
    • LOP Adjustment Range: 3.36 in.
    • LOP, Collapsed (M4/M16): 11.10 in.
    • LOP, Extended (M4/M16): 14.46 in.

NOTE: The UBR includes the necessary Entry-Length Receiver Extension tube and all mounting hardware. An M4 carbine buffer and spring are required for use with the UBR and are not included.
7.62x51 ARs may require the use of a custom short buffer and spring.

*Standard Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30" weight: 0.08 lb. Optional Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55" weight: 0.11 lb. Optional Enhanced Butt-Pad, 0.70" weight: 0.13 lb.

**Specifications based on factory configuration

The only mention I see of the 7.62x51 AR is pertaining to the possible need for a custom buffer and spring. I see no mention anywhere of part numbers at all... At least not yet.

Edited by rmart

I have the Heavy Buffers CAR-10 buffer and HB buffer spring.

Anyone use this setup on their 308AR?

Yeah. I use the Car-10 XH buffers on a couple of my 10's. On a variety of barrel lengths and stocks. From a 12.5" SBR to a 20" SASS. They all work flawless. They make them run smooth.....at least on mine. I also run comp's and/or brakes on all of my rifles.

Edited by Rsquared