• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTS Nickel Boron Lightly blemished BCG

EasyEJL

So here's the deal, some idiot bought this, installed it with 0 lube, had failure to feed/eject over a couple of bullets and sent it back since we have a 100% money back guarantee. The blemishes are ONLY from him firing it dry, not manufacturing blemishes. I took pictures, but honestly its very hard to see at all.

$200 shipped, our normal price is $236 plus shipping. I was keeping this one to build a separate 338 federal rifle, but i'm so tapped out financially that's not happening till at least july I figure, and I could use the $ for Christmas shopping.

post-13455-0-14334800-1386352314_thumb.j

Aren't these high speed coatings popular because you can theoretically run them dry? Or is that more tier 1 internet mythology?

if all surfaces were coated with them, you can get by with virtually no lubricant after break in. The 2 major problems are break in, and that the other surfaces of the upper and lower receivers aren't usually coated. The thing is, you can give these a light wipedown with lubricant instead of the soaking wet deal and be fine. Just totally dry doesn't work out that well.

Now if I could find a steel upper and lower receiver, I'd get them both black nitrided and then i'd be confident throwing a black nitride BCG in with no lube, and not be concerned.

actually if the upper and lower was done with NiB too it might be ok, but I haven't seen uppers or lowers coated with it either.

Aren't these high speed coatings popular because you can theoretically run them dry? Or is that more tier 1 internet mythology?

If it helps...

My SI-D rifle has a full NiB coated upper assembly. I ran it dry for about a year, and never cleaned it for about 200 rounds.

After a year of shooting, I squirting it down with FireClean and cleaned it back to near-factory new.

If it helps...

My SI-D rifle has a full NiB coated upper assembly. I ran it dry for about a year, and never cleaned it for about 200 rounds.

After a year of shooting, I squirting it down with FireClean and cleaned it back to near-factory new.

and that pretty much is what I'd expect :) but run it dry in an anodized upper? I wouldn't.

If u still got it after the holidays ill take it off ur hands.

cool, I was hoping to sell for holiday cash, but either way works as with a wife and 3 kids its a perpetual cash stream out the door :D

Besides i'll be looking to pick up a used welder after the holidays to do some WWII gun kits with so i'll need the $$ for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bumping again. No need for uzi + sten parts anymore, just cash to cover vet bills. So far I'm up to $2400 in vet bills over the last 3 months, and the one dog hasn't even reached diagnosis yet :P he has a heart murmur, so they wanted to do ekg, heart xrays and ultrasound, etc before anesthetizing him to figure out whats wrong and maybe take a biopsy.