• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dillon 550 powder measure

str8shuutr45

Why does the powder measure drop a few extra granules of powder after a charge is dropped? I have the correct funnel, the return rod and butterfly nut are working correctly, and my weights seem on. It's a bit annoying to have to brush off the residual powder. I am working up some new loads so I am going slower than usual

That's why you weigh each load on a scale !

Ever wonder why Trickle chargers are so popular. There is your excuse to buy one !

I have found that my Dillon powder measurer is pretty much on the money , which surprised me , not like hand weighing each round , which is what I do for my target & hunting ammo I load. I load some Pistol ammo on my Dillon & not about to hand weigh each one , for blasting ammo in my MAC 10 or 1911 , although I have in the past . <dontknow>

Ever read a detailed article on powder production, powder volume, and powder weight?

I will if you post one  <thumbsup>

That's why you weigh each load on a scale !

Ever wonder why Trickle chargers are so popular. There is your excuse to buy one !

I don't know about you Mike, but I have better things to do with my time rather than weigh out each charge. Like, crank out some rounds and go shoot em! :auto: <laughs>

I don't know about you Mike, but I have better things to do with my time rather than weigh out each charge. Like, crank out some rounds and go shoot em! :auto: <laughs>

Well you got me that time ! I do weigh each rifle round and the 10mm loads. The pistol load just get run through 50 at a time with a spot check or two in the tray. The 40s&w just get a visual check on the progressive press.