• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MagPul MOE 1911 Grip Panels

98Z5V

MagPul just dropped their 1911 grip panels.  Available in black only, at this time.  Didn't notice them until I completed an order, or I would have tossed them in the basket.  Next time - I know the rule.  <thumbsup>

Description:

The instructors for Magpul's training division wanted a 1911 grip with advanced features, improved control characteristics, and Magpul value. These grips were designed with their input and testing.

Constructed of heavy-duty reinforced polymer, MOE 1911 Grip Panels have a unique diamond-shaped cross section to prevent twisting in the hand, aggressive magazine release cut-out, aggressive texture for positive control, and are compatible with ambidextrous safeties. The grips are designed to fit full size framed 1911s with standard grip screw bushings. Available in black only, with additional fitments and materials coming.

Made in U.S.A.

Features

• Reinforced polymer construction
  • Unique diamond-shaped cross-section to prevent twisting in the hand
  • Aggressive magazine release cut-out
  • Compatible with ambidextrous safeties
  • Aggressive texture for positive control
  • Fits Full Size Frame 1911s and copies with standard grip screw bushings

Specs:

• Weight, total: 1.1 oz.
  • Thickness, max: 0.25"

a770072b17dd6ed4ddb38e94779c3ed8.jpg

a8ad3e8712a4403c3e9e3ea58ebea9ec.jpg

e3b91e776b8f5a38f2cf52cc1fa36943.jpg

When do yours get here?

Homie - you missed the opening paragraph in my post...  <lmao>

Didn't notice them until I completed an order, or I would have tossed them in the basket.  Next time - I know the rule.  <thumbsup>

Bet I'll get them before your Blackout is finished...  :banana:

• 1 year later...

Finally picked up a set of these - like them alot.  <thumbsup>

How's the feel, thick or thin? I'm partial to a thinner grip with my short, fat fingers. Even with thin grips I have to adjust the grip safety to almost not there status if I want to keep a thumb on the safety.

Same profile as standard grip panels - not different, thickness-wise.  Hell of alot grippier, though.  There are two different versions - one set has the little MagPul emblems on them, for grip, just like the standard pistol grips and the vertical grip.  This set I got had more grip. 

MOE Grip Panels:

Magpul-MOE-1911-grip-panels.jpg

MOE Grip Panels, TSP:

MAG544-1911-Grip-Panels-TSP-1.jpg

Damn things are GRIPPY!

Created as an evolution of the original MOE 1911 Grip Panels, the 1911 Grip Panels with TSP texture offers the user a more aggressive texture allowing for better control of the weapon in all environments.

Constructed of heavy-duty reinforced polymer, the grips have a unique diamond-shaped cross section to prevent twisting in the hand, an aggressive magazine release cut-out, aggressive TSP texture (Trapezoidal Surface Projections) for positive control, and are compatible with ambidextrous safeties. The grips are designed to fit full size framed 1911s with standard grip screw bushings.