• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Is Hornady load data conservative?

.308LiteHunter

Cali_Ed , if there is one tool that I recommend for hand loading over all others, but the essentials needed to do basic reloading & that would be a Chronograph .

I reloaded for a very very long time with out one , but if you really want to know what your load is doing , that's the tool . You still have to check for pressure signs ,but knowing things like Velocity, extreme spread , & standard deviation , will tell you more about your reloaded ammo than anything else. 

Cali_Ed , if there is one tool that I recommend for hand loading over all others, but the essentials needed to do basic reloading & that would be a Chronograph .

I reloaded for a very very long time with out one , but if you really want to know what your load is doing , that's the tool . You still have to check for pressure signs ,but knowing things like Velocity, extreme spread , & standard deviation , will tell you more about your reloaded ammo than anything else.

I was thinking of getting one, actually I'm in the middle of doing a search for a topic here for a chrono you strap to your gun. When I was shooting at 300 the guy with a lapua had one strapped up and said it's the way to go compared to the normal one

I have read they have changed design a couple of time because they are blowing off the barrel from recoil , just what I read in some reviews . 

Setting up a Chrono . is somewhat of a hassle ,but well worth it when set up . I can't believe I went all those years with out one . No guessing what Velocity your load is doing or how consistent your reloading techniques are . 

Having one has opened my eyes on a lot of reloading practices , some good, some no so good . You can get a decent Chrono. for around $150.

As far as the one you mentioned , I don't think it will effect Harmonics much , if at all . How would you know if it did ?

Yeah, I figured that would happen when they put them on sale the other day. It has a 'Backorder Okay' status though. That means you can still order it at the sale price and they will ship it as soon as it's back in stock. It's showing 'overdue' on the back in stock date so they will probably be getting them pretty quick.

We use the magonetospeed to shoot groups and leave it on and shoot all day. It has never once came off or ever seemed to effect a group size. I love the product my self. I have had it on my 300WM shooting 230 Bergers and it's never came off. I've been nothing but happy using it. Just my 2cents