• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Robocop1051's AR-47... Krink style!

Robocop1051

I've been thinking about using a hyperfire trigger. I like the idea of the extra hammer strength for the steel cased ammo. Those communist primers can be extra thick.

Think it would be effective on a weapon you "wouldnt shoulder"?

For the rapid fire that is

Edited by shepp

And that's exactly why I built an ultra-short "standard" 5.56 SBR (fun gun/entry weapon). By this time, ammo has come back down to sane levels (compared to where it was). So there's no reason (for me at least) to play around with oddball (so to speak) calibers.

post-12568-0-33776500-1419152348_thumb.j

**-Keep in mind that this was an earlier pic, and since have added BUIS along with it's own dedicated lower.

And that's exactly why I built an ultra-short "standard" 5.56 SBR (fun gun/entry weapon). By this time, ammo has come back down to sane levels (compared to where it was). So there's no reason (for me at least) to play around with oddball (so to speak) calibers.

7.5 Upper test fit.JPG

**-Keep in mind that this was an earlier pic, and since have added BUIS along with it's own dedicated lower.

That's sbr tho correct? Be cool but I don't feel like getting the fed involved as for "odd balls" I been wanting to build one last year I looked into something pistol cal was looking into one in .45acp with the grease gun mags but it just didn't happeb

That's sbr tho correct? Be cool but I don't feel like getting the fed involved as for "odd balls" I been wanting to build one last year I looked into something pistol cal was looking into one in .45acp with the grease gun mags but it just didn't happeb

If I lived in a friendlier state, I definitely would've ended up with a DDLES Glock lower in 9mm. That thing in AWESOME.

• 5 months later...

If I lived in a friendlier state, I definitely would've ended up with a DDLES Glock lower in 9mm. That thing in AWESOME.

It's pretty sweet for the Colt/Uzi-mag lower, too.  <thumbsup>

As soon as you shoot it, you won't care what mags it runs off of, brother.  :happydrunks:

post-7-0-75333100-1433050217_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-06198900-1433050221_thumb.jpg

So after playing this weekend, I finally pulled this fucker off the shelf and completed it. Sure wish I got off my lazy ass before I went to AZ. 

Here’s a few pics of the pistol length piston system:994D4957-6A47-4D13-A868-1C4BF1713968.jpeg24E06A93-B674-4168-B45F-600DF78DA708.jpeg

i got a wild hair up my ass and really wanted to put a handguard cap inside... I had an extra triangle model, so I relieved the corners to fit inside. It should now act like a baffle to keep debris from the piston. 

07D81EFD-157D-47CE-B2EF-B0850F641F57.jpeg

here’s a better view of the little bastard really shoe-horned in there. I had to relieve a lot of handguard material to make enough room for the piston system. 

75677919-BC90-4EFB-BE39-3098B072A40C.jpeg

i updated the OP with a final picture of the upper completely assembled.