• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite Super SASS

Had the first chance to handle a buddy's new Armalite Super SASS today. First impression, what a beautiful rifle! Really does not need one thing added except the right optic. Ceramic coated stainless steel bull barrel, adjustable gas block, A great combination of rails and hand guards, a Magpul PSR stock, what is not to like? Except.... The weight. 11+ pounds is a bit of a trade off, but man, what a precision piece of equipment.

Sweet rifle RSquared. I guess it's time for me to fill out the paperwork and get a can or two. Any tips for my friend specific to the SASS? He has shot my standard AR10, and I suggested he run it wet, particularly for the first 200 rounds. Also, what is your optic? He is planning on a Leopold which I thought was the best choice for this type.

Yep, she's my top dog of AR's in the collection. I actually use a thin film of hi-temp bearing grease when I plan on running it with the can on the carrier and bolt assembly. Otherwise, just the typical lube the S h I t out of it for the first couple hundred rounds. The glass is a Nightforce NXS 3x15x50. Pricey? Yes. But worth it once you look through it.

And for all you other armchair QB's. Yes that's a Harris bi-pod. I REPEAT. A Harris bi-pod.............................NOT (or will it ever be) an Elite Iron. I'll save that for the MRAD ball busting section.

NOW....................back to your regular scheduled programming already in progress.

Edited by Rsquared

Soooo.... you're saying that the Elite Iron is on order for the MRAD then?

He FINALLY got the Elite Iron for that MRAD?  'Bout damn time already.

Good job, Ron.  <thumbsup>

Pics of the bipod on the bolt gun, dude.  Why you holdin' out?  <dontknow>

I damn glad I didn't get rid of my SASS and converted it to a battle rifle. Within a few minutes I can changer her back to a Sniper Rifle.  She is a pleasure to shoot.

After handling that SASS, I can see why you feel that way.