• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

HSM Ammo

imschur

• 2 months later...

Glad to hear their rifle ammo is good to go. I bought a case of .40S&W for my Glock 35, and it was absolutely horrible in the Glock. Think six inch plus groups at ten yards slow fire. I ended up giving it away to some other shooters, and they reported similar experience in a few different models of pistols.

Glad to hear their rifle ammo is good to go. I bought a case of .40S&W for my Glock 35, and it was absolutely horrible in the Glock. Think six inch plus groups at ten yards slow fire. I ended up giving it away to some other shooters, and they reported similar experience in a few different models of pistols.

A friend of mine had two split cases of .40 in his Glock.  I'm thinking the Glocks aren't fond of HSM.

• 1 month later...

I've shot their 190 in my custom .30-06 and I love their ammo....looking to get some for my .308.......if you join up to SniperCentral.com, you get a small price break which isn't bad when you buy by the case and they also have drop compensation charts that you can order to for the HSM ammo

I was at the gun show yesterday and I dropped by to visit with the local HSM distributor (had to get 500 rds of 9mm).

He let me know that in a month or two he will be receiving some new .308 from HSM.  It will still be loaded with the 168 match king bullets, but using some different brass.  Supposedly they have a slightly different POI, but the consistency was just as good as the current .308 match loads we have been shooting (like those 500 rounds in my post above).  The real selling point of this though, supposedly we should be able to get it for between $15-$16 per box.  If it is as consistent as the previous HSM .308, this will be what I will shoot almost exclusively.

<thumbsup>

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the gun show yesterday and I dropped by to visit with the local HSM distributor (had to get 500 rds of 9mm).

He let me know that in a month or two he will be receiving some new .308 from HSM.  It will still be loaded with the 168 match king bullets, but using some different brass.  Supposedly they have a slightly different POI, but the consistency was just as good as the current .308 match loads we have been shooting (like those 500 rounds in my post above).  The real selling point of this though, supposedly we should be able to get it for between $15-$16 per box.  If it is as consistent as the previous HSM .308, this will be what I will shoot almost exclusively.

<thumbsup>

He didn't mention when it might be coming out did he?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...