• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Any reviews of this buttstock?

gnatshooter

Friends,

Nosing around on Ebay, I came across the "Luth-ar Fixed AR Modular PRS Sniper Stock" and went looking for more info since it seemed like an option to the MagPul PRS stock, that some people call "a boat anchor".

A fairly recent review (April 15) of the stock is found here, and apparently, that's all that's available. The website for the buttstock is here, and features only one short testimonial.

Compared to the MagPul offering, the pricing and adjustability of the Luth-AR look pretty tempting. I wonder if anyone here has this buttstock and could have something to say about it, but maybe it's too new on the market.

According to the review I mentioned above, the stock "will work on any AR-15/AR-10 rifle that accepts a buffer tube." I have to wonder if that's true, and if the stock would fit on my DPMS LR-308. Don't the AR-15 and the LR-308 buffer tubes have different dimensions?

It doesn't look like Midway or Brownell's carry the stock, but it looks like you can order it through Luth-AR's website.

one thing we know...is how tough magpuls plastic is, and that the adjustments are pretty much indestructible. never heard of anyone breaking one. no idea if this new stock will hold up. it looks like the teeth on the ridged tab is what holds the adjustable parts in place. if the material isn't tough enough I can see one good drop slamming it shut. I'd wait for more reviews before I paid up.

Wow. Looks like a perfect knock-off of the MagPul PRS buttstock. The price, compared to the MagPul article, is astoundingly cheap. Same with comparison to the Luth-AR.

Gotta wonder if this knockoff is as sturdy as the MagPul edition.

This sort of thing was bound to happen, which is a good thing. Maybe some intrepid souls here will do a comparison of all these adjustable buttstocks. My kitty is tapped out for now.

If that's indeed an official "PTS" PRS then it's not a knockoff. Magpul PTS products are licensed by Magpul for the airsoft market. They are made it China though.

If these are Magpul stocks, they "fell off of a truck" somewhere and are now hitting the "secondary" market. Magpul wouldn't voluntarily sell their stocks this cheap, undercutting Midway and Brownell's and who knows how many other dealers.

Magpul wouldn't even do this if the stocks were made in China.

If these are for the Airsoft market I think I would despair of putting one on an actual rifle, but who knows? I get the impression that Airsoft is trying so hard to make realistic-looking weapons that they get people killed.

If these are Magpul stocks, they "fell off of a truck" somewhere and are now hitting the "secondary" market. Magpul wouldn't voluntarily sell their stocks this cheap, undercutting Midway and Brownell's and who knows how many other dealers.

Magpul wouldn't even do this if the stocks were made in China.

If these are for the Airsoft market I think I would despair of putting one on an actual rifle, but who knows? I get the impression that Airsoft is trying so hard to make realistic-looking weapons that they get people killed.

I saw an aluminum airsoft gun the other day for sale online and i swear it looked identical to an ar15 i was itching to buy it just to see if the lower is the same. It looked exactly the same as an ar15 to me wonder if you gutted the lower and threw in some ar parts if it would work??

I saw an aluminum airsoft gun the other day for sale online and i swear it looked identical to an ar15 i was itching to buy it just to see if the lower is the same. It looked exactly the same as an ar15 to me wonder if you gutted the lower and threw in some ar parts if it would work??

Why is ATF seizing 'toy guns'? - Examiner - February 28, 2010

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-is-atf-seizing-toy-guns

[excerpts]

A local business owner is flabbergasted after a shipment of 30 toy guns for his store was confiscated by ATF agents in Tacoma.

It gets more flabbergasting:

Special Agent Kelvin Crenshaw said the toys can be easily retro-fitted into dangerous weapons.

"With minimal work it could be converted to a machine gun," Crenshaw said.

ATF agents determined that the rifles as shipped from Taiwan were tooled to shoot plastic balls. However ATF says a relatively quick retooling could allow them to fire live ammunition.

======>follow the trail of ATF and Airsoft weaponry, it gets way stupider.

The mag well has different dimensions. I also doubt the receiver extension would hold up.

Edited by FaRKle!