• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Noveske build??

shazam

Are the mega uppers compatible or just an armalite? Also I kinda don't want a Noveske barrel because they don't make .308s. I mean sure I could shoot .308 out of an 7.62x54 but I don't know just not being able to say "Yeah its 308 it's pretty sweet" would suck. I guess I could grab the lower and just recoup some money. But damn that's a lot of cash for just a lower. I could get a mega lower/upper combo for that. I mean everyone says they make a good product but is it 700$ lower good? I know it's my decision and I'm just ranting but if you really wanted a lower from a company that didn't make the product abymore and has to pay a premium for would you do it? Or would you go with anothwr company for that caliber and go with Noveske for a different caliber? Man this is a blunder I don't know what to do.

I'm confused as to why you don't think Noveske doesn't make .308 barrels? I own one, rsquared does as well. I don't even think the make the caliber you referred to. They have them available at rainier arms right now....

As for your other question, I am using a Mega set. No the upper is not compatible, only Armalite is with the noveske lower. I personally did not grab the N6 because of what I wanted in my build.

And yes, I have Noveske stuff in other calibers as well.

Thank you for clarifying, so can I shoot both out of the 7.62 noveske barrels without consequences.

The ammo in question is also known as 7.62 NATO and .308 Win (Win being short for Winchester). There is some debate, though, on whether these are truly interchangeable rounds -- especially among older rifles. This is a great place to find expertise on that particular point.

The ammo in question is also known as 7.62 NATO and .308 Win (Win being short for Winchester). There is some debate, though, on whether these are truly interchangeable rounds -- especially among older rifles. This is a great place to find expertise on that particular point.

There is currently no semi auto that won't shoot either, these issues come up more with bolt guns.

The 308ar platform has no problems here

7.62x39 is also a Russian round, and is most commonly shot through an AK-type rifle.  7.62x54 is mainly Russian sniper ammo.  Big difference between the two.

7.62x51 is NATO ammo. 

Even bigger difference between the three...  No rifle shoots all three.  No rifle shoots any two of them...

Check it:

surplus-ammo-comparison.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

?

Not sure what you are asking.

I'm asking if shooting a .308 out of a designated 7.62x51 barrel and vise versa would effect the accuracy past a certain yardage or are they basically the same round. I understand that 5.56 is a hotter round than a .223, but the bullet size is the same as an example.