• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ambush

I don't think there is any way to prepare yourself for something like that without treating everyone like they are out to kill you. And if every cop/person I walk past treats me like I'm out to kill them...that's a world I don't want to live in. You can't stop crazy, unfortunately.

My thoughts and prayers to the families of those lost.

I agree with Dirk. An officer would have to operate in condition red 100% of his time on duty to even have a chance to avoid something like that. I personally don't think it would be possible to remain in condition red 100% of the time while on the clock!

White- unaware.

Yellow- aware, the condition everybody should strive to be in at all times.

Orange- alert, something may require your interaction.

Red- action.

Gray- automatic action, training takes over.

Black- no good.

I'm not second guessing what happened today, just advising everyone here that if you're in public it is best to be aware at all times, in yellow.

I personally don't like going into places like Cici's Pizza as John Q. Public...they are LOUD, with lots of disctractions and high-traffic.  Here in Tucson they are magnets for gangbangers...cheap beer and lot's of egos.  I certainly wouldn't be eating there in uniform on shift, 10-7 (too close to white) or not.  But that's me.

What did that Marine say?  "Be polite and treat everybody respectfully but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

This incident goes to the "Don't Need It Today" thread...either be in the mindset to save your life and those of your loved ones or don't carry.

I've lightened up considerably since quitting corrections...but I'm aware that most of those wonderful people who were deemed unfit to live in society, that were arrested and testified against by the cops, are free and walking about among us.

The story reads that the shooters came in contact with a CC individual , did this person engage the shooters ?

These two were young , seems to me all these shooters are mostly young , like this incident , something strange going on.

Then it reads , the male shooter said he was kicked off the Bundy ranch , & they used a "don't tread on me " flag or something to drape across the slain LEO"s . Sounds like a propaganda treasure trove for the Anti's . 

I really don't trust the news media for factual information & if its not true , you will never see a them correct it .

In the aftermath of the police ambush, the shooters ran on foot to a Wal-Mart. Some will say that what happened later shows concealed carry is ineffective and therefore bad -- but so far, the press has handled the issue fairly.

A patron at the store who carried a firearm confronted Jerad Miller, not realizing that he was accompanied by Amanda Miller, who shot and killed the man, police said. He was identified as 31-year-old Joseph Wilcox of Las Vegas. "Joseph died trying to protect others," Sheriff Doug Gillespie said.

--Police probe ties between Vegas shooters, Bundy - WSVN - June 9, 2014
http://www.wsvn.com/story/25730398/las-vegas-police-identify-suspects-in-vegas-police-ambush