• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So here is my range report!

Cali_Ed

First and foremost it was fun as heck!! Hot damn :)

So I ran into a problem of failure to eject. The empty shells wouldn't come out. Seems like it wasn't cycling correctly. I had to pull the bolt bcg back to pull the brass out or it would fly out after I pulled it back. I'm thinking gas problem. I would also pull the trigger and nothing would happend, light primer strike? I need your help on this.

Other then having to shoot it like a bolt action it worked and shot Fine. So far I only shot 150gr yellow box and 168 nolser. It prefers the nolser. Towrds the end i noticed it shoots the 150 a bit lower but it's not bad at all for 19 dollars. I'm still working out the zero on my rifle sense it's my first time doing it but I think it's getting there. Will post pictures and maybe a video here in a sec :)

So here is my first initial target20140703_153000_zpsdf2b20c7.jpg

Here is my second target20140703_163329-1_zpsb9352884.jpg

Edited by Cali_Ed

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you run it real wet?

I mean real real real real real wet?

Unlike ar15 rifles, these large frame need some time and extra lube to brake in. If you drop the bolt into battery, w/o a round, is it hard to pull back the bolt with the charging handle? (No more than it should be?) did you lightly grease the lugs? Did it cycle with the Nosler?

Generally I would suggest you brake it in with quality factory ammo, and I'll admit I have no idea what yellow box is

You didn't read that here! Lol. Yeah, drench that shit. Slick the inside of the upper, lube the bcg. Lube the buffer tube lightly. Yes, I said it. Check your extractor. Shoot some rounds for function, one at a time. Load one in a mag. Fire. Does it lock open? It'll still be soaking at this point so it won't be a lube issue. Can't remember, is it an adjustable block? If so close it off all the way, working it open with each shot till it finally locks open after the shot. Then start loading a few rounds at a time, making sure it locks open on the last shot. Check your lube situation after a box of ammo. Hell, clean it and re lube. Break in May be slow , but done right, you won't have any worries.

Yeah. Excess lube = it'll just sling it all over you.

Good enough. If there's no fails from running as wet as you can manage, that's how wet to run during break-in.

I even run air rifles wet. If oil comes out through and past the trigger inlet of the receiver, everything I've ever had gets along with that just fine.

I know my DPMS settled down real nice once I started lubing like crazy -- like more than I'm used to. She leaks, but she runs like a Singer sewing machine.

From the most part it stayed forward and I had to pull back on the charging handle to get the brass out. I don't remeber to we'll from all the excitement but I think maybe it stayed back once when the there was no magazine and one in the chamber

From the most part it stayed forward and I had to pull back on the charging handle to get the brass out. I don't remeber to we'll from all the excitement but I think maybe it stayed back once when the there was no magazine and one in the chamber

You might want to check your gas block and gas port alignment. When you take your gas block off, look inside it to see where the gas was really hitting.

When you said you aligned things, did you align the gas block hole and the barrel gas port, or just the block itself to the shoulder of the barrel?

Edited by FaRKle!

What about when I pulled the trigger ad nothing would happen. And the gas block and the gas port Hole on the block using two pencil marks on each side of the. Hole

No/not enough BCG movement back = no cocked hammer = no trigger reset.

Edited by FaRKle!