• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS LR308 DMR PROJECT GUN

Howdy boyz....hadn't been here in awhile. Since my last visit here I've just about finished up my LR308.

To date:

DPMS Lower/Upper w/16" barrel

DPMS BCG w/BCM Gunfighter charging handle

Timney 3.5# drop in trigger

Magpul PRS w/B&T Industries (Atlas) QT12 monopod

Slash's Heavy Buffer XH10 + spring

GG&G HD bipod

CMMG free float 15" keymod hand guard

MFT G27 pistol grip

Phase 5 bolt release

AAC 7.62 SDN-6 can + 51T MB

Primary Arms 4-14 44 FFP mil/mil scope (w/cat tail)

American Defense QA 20moa 30mm scope mount

All the best, 

HC

photo42_zps7de31768.jpg?t=1412878540

photo8_zpsfd1a4448.jpg

That is one sweet .308 you've got going there.

How is that scope holding up for you?  Everything holding together OK?

Seeing as how you have one and I'm officially on the clock for invoking "The Rule", (which I did intentionally) I'm interested to know know everything you care to share.

Thanks brother! <thumbsup>

-Adam

Edited by AdamO

That is one sweet .308 you've got going there.

How is that scope holding up for you?  Everything holding together OK?

Seeing as how you have one and I'm officially on the clock for invoking "The Rule", (which I did intentionally) I'm interested to know know everything you care to share.

Thanks brother! <thumbsup>

-Adam

Thanks Adam......The scope is really outstanding ! I have two of them, the other is mounted on my Sav 110 FCP (.308). The one on the LR308 has (as of today) 1600 rounds fired underneath it and the one on Sav has 1900 rounds. Both of them trouble free. As I mentioned in the OP, they are FFP w/mil/mil, side paralax, locking turrets w/return to zero and the AD QA mounts have been rock solid as well. The LR started life as a "Sportical" and has slowly evolved into what you see now with accuracy improving each step of the way. Once I got rid of that funky springloaded PIA POS hand guard and"boat anchor gas block" and bedded the barrel to the receiver with Blue Loctite and installed the 15" free float hand guard........well, life got a lot better......ha,ha. Then I changed out the carbine buffer for a rifle buffer and added the PRS stock......had a few problems with FTE when shooting with can, then I discoverd Slash's Heavy Buffer (XH10) + spring.......yes, recoil is actually pleasant, no punch.....just pushes straight back. I shot 200 rounds thru it today and enjoyed every trigger pull.........I am thinking about getting GG&G's new HD bipod that will lock forward at 45°. The bipod I have now works fine from the prone but, sometime I can't get it low enough on the bench. As you can see.......I really like my LR and with a few more refinements I hope to post some outstanding target photos.

HC