• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Build almost completed

ChrisP

>Mine is as well, there's a whole bunch of zeros, lol.

I pulled a total brainlock installing the lower kit. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the rear takedown pin was locked on position, who'd a thought that the spring needed to be shortened the length of the set screw?, obviously no me :)

Edited by ChrisP

Thanks! Hopefully the BCG shows up soon so I can break it in. What's everyone's thoughts or opinions on Cerakote and dipping? I was going to do a hybrid part cerakote part dip, but I'm real concerned that the dipping will look plastic. I've seen some that look great though, durability is a concern as well. I'm certainly not going to drag it behind the truck on a gravel road, but I'm not sure how minor dings will affect it. From what I understand, the clear duracoat makes it very durable. Any input is greatly appreciated!

I'm thinking Mandrake on the receiver set and handguard, the rest will be a contrasting solid color that is in the Mandrake. But to cerakote kryptek is going to basically be coating it at least four times, I'm concerned that cerakote won't be as detailed as a dip. Decisions decisions, I feel like a chick picking out a purse to match her shoes, lol