• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

edc sights reccomendations

Cali_Ed

Hello all,

Have been venturing on the internets, reading up on some sights, watching videos. I wanted to know what you forum experts would reccomend?

So far

warren carry sights

heini straight 8s

Ameriglo

and possibly Trijicon hd

I watched the very informative video of "Every question and answer on a gun forum:

" and nothing was mentioned about pistol sights..

Had some good lols found that while doing a search here for sights

Eff the add-on optic on a daily carry gun, unless you're hunting terrorists and it's your backup house-clearing firearm.  You don't need that $hit, until you progress to 3-Gun Master at the local competitions.

Good set of tritium night sights will have you set.  Because they work in daylight, and they work excellently at night.  Make sure the rear sight has a square edge, and not that tapered $hit. 

Examples...  Bad:

smith_1911_novak_crim_blue.jpg

sig191119g.jpg

Good!

opplanet-meprolight-fully-integrated-nig

meprolight-night-sights-for-glock-pistol

post-7-0-07666200-1416115137_thumb.jpg

Back to a serious note, I'm reading the tfos only have a 90 day warrenty. Do you guys believe a sight with a ledge is more advantageous then one with out? For one handed operation just in case you need to?

Edit: Seems like you answered my question as I hit the post button brother 98

Edited by Cali_Ed

Do you guys believe a sight with a ledge is more advantageous then one with out?

Yes.  Money is the same for both.  Make sure you get something with a ledge, and it'll be more important later down the line, whether you need that capability/function now, or use it now.

• 2 months later...

So I had gotten some hd night sights for my glock. I like them alot better then my stock glock sights. I know the purpose of these sights are self defense, are there any other sights with a thinner front? I'd like to see the target a bit better and would like to try some diffent sights on my mnp9c. Thoughts?

Bullshiit and sweet apple butter.

I've got a S&W M&P 9 CORE with a Trijicon RMR and suppressor irons that I use for everyday carry in rotation.

Huge, bright 13 MOA amber dot that's super easy to get on target fast.

Never needs batteries and the tall irons co-witness in case, for some bizarre reason, the dot doesn't work

It's small and recessed into the slide and is much more unobtrusive than you might think.

It's simple, easy to use and fast, fast, fast.

Eff the add-on optic on a daily carry gun, unless you're hunting terrorists and it's your backup house-clearing firearm.  You don't need that $hit, until you progress to 3-Gun Master at the local competitions.

Good set of tritium night sights will have you set.  Because they work in daylight, and they work excellently at night.  Make sure the rear sight has a square edge, and not that tapered $hit. 

Examples...  Bad:

smith_1911_novak_crim_blue.jpg

sig191119g.jpg

Good!

opplanet-meprolight-fully-integrated-nig

meprolight-night-sights-for-glock-pistol

Why are the ones labeled as " Bad " ?