• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PT

Sisco

Fortunately that doesn't happen that often where I go. There is enough equipment so there is always something to do. What gets me is and it seems like mostly women got buds on and talking loud enough everyone can hear. Young women the worst.

Starting to increase work at the gym now I finished a lot of home tasks.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this today:

Number You Won’t Forget: 40 

If you want to keep your heart safe, it’s time to start pumping up your pecs.  

Research suggests that men who can perform 40 pushups are 96 percent less likely to suffer from a heart attack than men who can only perform 10 pushups. 

Take it from the lead researcher: “Our findings provide evidence that pushup capacity could be an easy, no-cost method to help assess cardiovascular disease risk in almost any setting. Surprisingly, pushup capacity was more strongly associated with cardiovascular disease risk than the results of submaximal treadmill tests.”

If you want to test your own strength, here is the setup: 

1. Set a timer for 90 seconds, and perform as many pushups as possible (full reps only — lower your torso until it’s just above the floor, and then press all the way back up). 

2. All pushups count as long as they are completed in the time given — assuming you don’t take longer than a three-second break at any time. In the study, if you rested more than three seconds, that was your final rep count.  

Unfortunately, the study only tested men, so we don’t have a comparable number for women. But that doesn’t mean upper body strength isn’t equally as important, we just don’t have a clear strength-longevity threshold for women. (For any scientists who read this newsletter, let’s change that.) 

In the spirit of health, take the pushup test and let us know how it goes! 

I'm working out now just to be able to get into pushups with my janky shoulders. Today was my biggest workout since I got hurt around Easter. It's been pullups and landmine with a brother that's also a Marine. He brings the motivation so I got to kick it a little harder. Felt good. Just about to lose lower belly fat. Roman chair gets a 300 rep workout. Good back extension and obliques work out. Sadly their are muscle heads that can drift a building but succumbed to a heart attack. Doing what works with the body we have is what's important. I don't monitor heart rate I'm either working or fall over dead. I expect all the weights in the gym to be piled around my decrepit self before 911 is called.:thumbup:

Start the physical therapy today, we’ll see how that goes for the knee. Been 3 weeks since it all happened. Steroid shot helped but not a fix. Did get out and walk doing some shooting (with brace on) Sunday and Saturday for that matter. To many hours at work slows the recovery but still get in the walking when at work. 

I completely know the sound/feel of the crunchy, snap, pop. 

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Crunchy good in potato chips and some cereals, not so uch in the shoulder. Hopefully it will work itself out.

Finally got in a full landmine workout been 5 months since my shoulder had problems ( limited mobility) feels a lot better. I need to get better at getting up off the floor. The little things you take for granted. Overall I'm lucky to have the health that I do.

6 minutes ago, Jeff300 said:

Start the physical therapy today, we’ll see how that goes for the knee. Been 3 weeks since it all happened. Steroid shot helped but not a fix. Did get out and walk doing some shooting (with brace on) Sunday and Saturday for that matter. To many hours at work slows the recovery but still get in the walking when at work. 

I completely know the sound/feel of the crunchy, snap, pop. 

The key to recovery as you know is hammering out the physical therapy. Procedure for knees has come a long way since I had mine worked on 16 years ago. Any movement is good. Like my brother said snap, crackle,pop only good for cereal.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly one of the bro's at the gym Michael did OD himself on fentanyl. I had spoken to him in the past,he would go and workout with his girlfriend K. She was the one to tell me about his death. Lean and fit never saw it coming. The guy that cuts the wife's hair his son died from fentanyl. Very sad. K said they put that $hit in everything. Tragic for the families left behind.😞

On 8/17/2024 at 11:45 AM, unforgiven said:

Sadly one of the bro's at the gym Michael did OD himself on fentanyl. I had spoken to him in the past,he would go and workout with his girlfriend K. She was the one to tell me about his death. Lean and fit never saw it coming. The guy that cuts the wife's hair his son died from fentanyl. Very sad. K said they put that $hit in everything. Tragic for the families left behind.😞

Wow just Wow! You never know who can be brought down with dependence. Very sad indeed. 

Edited by Jeff300

• 2 weeks later...

It has gotten to the point I am considering getting a package of Narcan spray, not for myself, but small or large town, people are dying from that schit. Just to have it if someone collapses and needs it. Because you can’t tell anymore who is hooked. And fentanyl kills.

14 hours ago, Sisco said:

It has gotten to the point I am considering getting a package of Narcan spray, not for myself, but small or large town, people are dying from that schit. Just to have it if someone collapses and needs it. Because you can’t tell anymore who is hooked. And fentanyl kills.

Sadly Narcan is now a first staple. A line of blow is now spiked which would lead to death by misadventure. Back to the gym making warm up with band a first thing to do.