• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PT

Sisco

A quick note: Our Snap Fitness just got in my favorite type of stair master, an escalator type. This one is a Matrix Climbmill model. If you haven’t had the opportunity to try one, and get a chance, do it! On a slow setting, within 2 minutes my heart rate was 125, which is a good cardiovascular rate for my age. I did five minutes before calling it, since it has been ten years since I did this type. Back then I did a thousand steps at a time, so I got to work back up to that. IMO the best stair master type available.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Maximum Heart Rate is 220- (age), brother.  I'm pretty sure we can push you up to 146...   :thumbup:

What I met was sustained exercise shouldn’t be more then 80% of Max and I was above that. I phrased it poorly. My target was 120-125. Glad I got some bursts well above that though.

• 5 weeks later...

Still fat but getting stronger. Started #258 got to #245 then Thanksgiving had me eating like I was going to the electric chair, +#5. Ran into a young man that had a RLTW tee shirt. Asked him if he was a Ranger answer was affirmative. Panama was mentioned he said his 1st Sargent was at Noriega's desk smoking a cigar. Seems like the workouts have helped lessen the floaters in my eyes, but what I read the solution is putting a needle in the eye to remove some liquid but no guarantees on success. 😳

IMG_20231123_133308315.jpg

IMG_20231123_133317411.jpg

Lookadat Back Meat!!!   Hell Yeah, brother!!!  

I Loooove this part, right here!...  

10 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Ran into a young man that had a RLTW tee shirt. Asked him if he was a Ranger answer was affirmative.

Here's my answer to that...

image.thumb.jpeg.b08cdb32291e5baaa67e7f89c2b7150d.jpeg

10 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Still fat but getting stronger. Started #258 got to #245 then Thanksgiving had me eating like I was going to the electric chair, +#5. Ran into a young man that had a RLTW tee shirt. Asked him if he was a Ranger answer was affirmative. Panama was mentioned he said his 1st Sargent was at Noriega's desk smoking a cigar. Seems like the workouts have helped lessen the floaters in my eyes, but what I read the solution is putting a needle in the eye to remove some liquid but no guarantees on.

I have the same problem, and am reluctant to do it as there is a small chance of blindness with the procedure. Have learned to tolerate the floaters. Glad to see you continuing the good work. I took this picture the last workout I had at the end of October. See the Doc in a week to hopefully get clearance to restart exercising. Keep it up! Current: biceps 18”, Chest 54” waist 42”, neck 19 1/2”.

IMG_1451.jpeg

Edited by Sisco

15 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I have the same problem, and am reluctant to do it as there is a small chance of blindness with the procedure. Have learned to tolerate the floaters. Glad to see you continuing the good work. I took this picture the last workout I had at the end of October. See the Doc in a week to hopefully get clearance to restart exercising. Keep it up! Current: biceps 18”, Chest 54” waist 42”, neck 19 1/2”.

IMG_1451.jpeg

Way to go brother 🍻🍻

Brother, there's a Full-On CaveMan Beast Mode in every Ranger.  Mongo-Smash, break everything, destroy it all.  Fuk Everything Up, and do it right now.

Most of the time, it needs to be caged, locked up, never seen in public, stored away in some glass case with a little sign below it that says...

image.thumb.png.d97cb70425e440480c1b1c6183220db2.png

The gym is one of the only times in public where them boys can let that shiit loose...  :thumbup:

I'm up to #80 on pull down with rope handles for the neutral position of my $hitty hands. Bro comes on the other side of me pegs the entire stack with additional #5 about 5 of those and pulls the entire stack a few times drops the mike and walks out 😳 I'll tell these guys I want to look like them. Gym has done a lot for me except grow hair and tighten up my sagging nut sack :lmao:

My floaters have improved with the gym. Someone mentioned inter cranial pressure from exertion was the reason. Eye doctor said more like improved blood circulation the reason. I have since turned down brightness level on all electronics and finally got prescription sunglasses driving became more comfortable. Going back to my wedding days and keeping my eyes a little darker. The gym has seen to make me a poster child for the decrepit. A humbleing acknowledgement of the work I have put in.

IMG_20231126_095214197.jpg

IMG_20231126_095348241.jpg

9 hours ago, sketch said:

My name is unforgiven! Pushing the boundaries now the ropes are unleashed. Looking strong my brother!

Brother you have faced adversity on many levels, you are one of the strongest here yet you continue to put one foot in front of the other like others here. It is the perseverance and fortitude of my brothers here that drives me. There are no quitters here and I'm not going to be the first. :thumbup: it's not about falling down, it's about how you get up. 🇺🇸

• 3 months later...

Well going on 15 months at the gym. Still hammering away at it. So now I'm working the Trap Bar my arthritic wrists won't let me grab a straight bar with an underhand grip, the neutral grip allows me pull weight comfortably. Deadlift and farmers carry work well.  A tip I was turned on to is the hundred game. Take anything or any excersie to a hundred without stopping you will get stronger. https://www.bellsofsteel.us/blog/gear-education/is-trap-bar-deadlift-better-for-athletes/#:~:text=The trap bar deadlift targets,force and control during play.