• Visit Sportsmans Guide

PT

Sisco

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Current program: 3 times a week at Snap fitness, because that is all we got here.

Kettlebell core exercises 4 sets of 10 reps.

Bench Press: 180 pounds 4x10

Incline press 150 pounds 4x10

Leg presses 270 pounds 4x 10

Incline curls 2-35 pound dumbbells in unison 4 x 10

Lat cable pulls 100 pounds 4 x 10

Lat bar Tricep pull downs 100 pounds 4 x 10

20 minutes high resistance on recombinant exercise bike to finish and cool down.

Other days, 2-3 mile walk with the Pyrenees. At 74 I just want to keep in good enough shape to do the things I enjoy- Boating, fishing and shooting.

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Current program: 3 times a week at Snap fitness, because that is all we got here.

Kettlebell core exercises 4 sets of 10 reps.

Bench Press: 180 pounds 4x10

Incline press 150 pounds 4x10

Leg presses 270 pounds 4x 10

Incline curls 2-35 pound dumbbells in unison 4 x 10

Lat cable pulls 100 pounds 4 x 10

Lat bar Tricep pull downs 100 pounds 4 x 10

20 minutes high resistance on recombinant exercise bike to finish and cool down.

Other days, 2-3 mile walk with the Pyrenees. At 74 I just want to keep in good enough shape to do the things I enjoy- Boating, fishing and shooting.

Awesome set of exercises Al.  I need to do the same.

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Awesome set of exercises Al.  I need to do the same.

Start slow and increase reps then weights. I am stopping increasing reps or weight at this point because I am too old to build much in the way of muscle, and muscle strains and pulls take a lot longer to heal then they used to. It keeps me firm except for my gut, but I have had that for thirty some years, and I am limited what I can do for that because of major back surgery nine years ago. Swinging a kettle bell from between your legs to over your head is a good core strengthener and more arduous then it sounds. Gets my heart rate up to 110 pretty quick. 

Edited by Sisco

Great job brother, I'm having coffee and yogurt getting ready to go to the gym. After 7 mos. I'm starting to use the big kids side of the gym meaning the weight room side. Started deadhangs after a few tries I can free hang for about 5 seconds, 5 reps. Big accomplisment for my bad shoulders. I started out at #258 now I'm #250 my pants a and my shirts are loose. It's never to late to build muscle you keep up with the gym it will happen. Hell yeah brother 🍻🍻

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Great job brother, I'm having coffee and yogurt getting ready to go to the gym. After 7 mos. I'm starting to use the big kids side of the gym meaning the weight room side. Started deadhangs after a few tries I can free hang for about 5 seconds, 5 reps. Big accomplisment for my bad shoulders. I started out at #258 now I'm #250 my pants a and my shirts are loose. It's never to late to build muscle you keep up with the gym it will happen. Hell yeah brother 🍻🍻

Nice job Brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Tayco brace, 7 months in the gym. Gains are becoming more evedent, making muscle at 67. Going less weight more reps to build endurance. Ripping the back even calf on right leg has built muscle. For all those doctors that said I would over fire neurons to the muscles in my legs, that I needed to stop working :thefinger: if I can do it anybody can.🍻🍻

IMG_20230805_122500342.jpg

IMG_20230712_134946834.jpg

IMG_20230805_122437451.jpg

IMG_20230805_122531318.jpg

IMG_20230805_122704928.jpg

57 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Got my Tayco brace, 7 months in the gym. Gains are becoming more evedent, making muscle at 67. Going less weight more reps to build endurance. Ripping the back even calf on right leg has built muscle. For all those doctors that said I would over fire neurons to the muscles in my legs, that I needed to stop working :thefinger: if I can do it anybody can.🍻🍻

IMG_20230805_122500342.jpg

IMG_20230712_134946834.jpg

IMG_20230805_122437451.jpg

IMG_20230805_122531318.jpg

IMG_20230805_122704928.jpg

Awesome Rene!  You know your pictures are going to drive Tom crazy with how much skin you show. :lmao:

12 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Awesome Rene!  You know your pictures are going to drive Tom crazy with how much skin you show. :lmao:

He is already a Sexy Beast - that back meat just makes him better still.   :banana:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I've been using this. Used Olympic bar 85" #45 with bace. Landmine setup is a tough workout. Lots of videos on the subject. Bar $50.00 base $112.00. Especially good for bad shoulders.

IMG_20231011_145455011_HDR.jpg

Been watching some videos on that. Interesting.You might want to check this out. He has some good advice for senior workout warriors.

https://arnoldspumpclub.com/?utm_source=arnoldspumpclub.schwarzenegger.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=a-hot-recovery-trick

On 10/11/2023 at 9:38 PM, Sisco said:

Been watching some videos on that. Interesting.You might want to check this out. He has some good advice for senior workout warriors.

https://arnoldspumpclub.com/?utm_source=arnoldspumpclub.schwarzenegger.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=a-hot-recovery-trick

I can't press up because of the stenosis in my neck, this fills that with a push in an arc movement. After 9 months I've been able to grab a #45 barbell weight and do a farmers walk with both hands. I had a partial stump left in the ground because irrigation was close by. I figured I'd get a electric chainsaw and plunge cut the center and spray Biotin stump and poison ivy killer. This black locust is very invasive and the tendrils continued to sprout. I got about a dozen cuts, blade went full after touching the dirt. Went to the rental got another. I told tool rental exactly what I was going to do with the saw. Saw is designed for right handers and the way I had to grab it left my hand a little sore. Did other stuff was ok. Started hurting in the evening by 0130 woke the wife told her I was hurting she gave me a 7.5 Norco. Nothing happened. By 0300 my right hand palm was a knot pressing on the nerves my hand felt like it was held over a flaming grill. Went to Urgent care luckily it was empty. By now my pain level was a 11. Wife is trying to get me to focus on my breathing, I was breaking into a sweat my BP was 180/110 from the pain. I don't have a problem with BP. Finally they gave me a shot of toradol in my hip, nothing then they gave me a shot of Dilaudid in my leg. Finally the burning decreased. Got a steroid pack, second week and the swelling is going down the fingers aren't as sore. Snips really trashed my hands. Still went to the gym but worked on legs and abs and gave my hands a break. Midas been telling me that post polio syndrome is real I believe it now. Just turned 68 , getting old isn't for pusies. Landmine is better for my body. Glad you are well brother 👍

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

I can't press up because of the stenosis in my neck, this fills that with a push in an arc movement. After 9 months I've been able to grab a #45 barbell weight and do a farmers walk with both hands. I had a partial stump left in the ground because irrigation was close by. I figured I'd get a electric chainsaw and plunge cut the center and spray Biotin stump and poison ivy killer. This black locust is very invasive and the tendrils continued to sprout. I got about a dozen cuts, blade went full after touching the dirt. Went to the rental got another. I told tool rental exactly what I was going to do with the saw. Saw is designed for right handers and the way I had to grab it left my hand a little sore. Did other stuff was ok. Started hurting in the evening by 0130 woke the wife told her I was hurting she gave me a 7.5 Norco. Nothing happened. By 0300 my right hand palm was a knot pressing on the nerves my hand felt like it was held over a flaming grill. Went to Urgent care luckily it was empty. By now my pain level was a 11. Wife is trying to get me to focus on my breathing, I was breaking into a sweat my BP was 180/110 from the pain. I don't have a problem with BP. Finally they gave me a shot of toradol in my hip, nothing then they gave me a shot of Dilaudid in my leg. Finally the burning decreased. Got a steroid pack, second week and the swelling is going down the fingers aren't as sore. Snips really trashed my hands. Still went to the gym but worked on legs and abs and gave my hands a break. Midas been telling me that post polio syndrome is real I believe it now. Just turned 68 , getting old isn't for pusies. Landmine is better for my body. Glad you are well brother 👍

:thumbup:I was diagnosed in 1949 at 6 months old with polio. Doctor suggested monitoring until the symptoms got worse. Never did so I am guessing it was a misdiagnosis. Get well brother, and don’t let it stop you!

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

:thumbup:I was diagnosed in 1949 at 6 months old with polio. Doctor suggested monitoring until the symptoms got worse. Never did so I am guessing it was a misdiagnosis. Get well brother, and don’t let it stop you!

I found out a few years ago my mother decided not to get the vaccine.

49 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I found out a few years ago my mother decided not to get the vaccine.

I remember vaguely getting the Salk vaccine shot. Guess I was about four maybe. That would be 1952. I definitely remember getting the Sabin vaccine a few years later. It was in a sugar cube, just popped it in your mouth. One of the greatest advances in public health in history.