• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PT

Sisco

Might have to look into these.  Just started with PF (I think, not been technically diagnosed) a few months ago.  Standing room only show last night at the local honky tonk was a bit painful.  Getting old has its drawbacks, but still beats the alternative!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo it's to the point that my left foot is getting a little tired 3 weeks of the pain waxing and waning but not going away saw the podiatrist. Due to my flat foot now and after 68 years of life 40 of which were in industry of that 80% walking on concrete. That was excluding being tooled up carrying material usually up a ladder. Been out of wack all my life left foot 12 flat as a tortilla ankle bone left foot full of arthritis right foot 9 Achilles tendon brought forward so I could lift my foot and walk. These are my Thogorogood boot that I'm committed to for support. My orthodics with a new script and a brace  https://www.taycobrace.com/products/  

IMG_20230427_110617050.jpg

IMG_20230427_111233686.jpg

IMG_20230427_111004725.jpg

IMG_20230427_111158833.jpg

IMG_20230427_110923815.jpg

IMG_20220914_122648745.jpg

IMG_20230427_110733054.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was remiss in not giving the late great Dr. Alan Murphy an honorable mention. His surgery procedure of using the Achilles tendon to lift the foot was revolutionary at the time. All those kids he enabled to walk was amazing. Walking on concrete is hard on the body. After a month I finally have some relief in my foot. No more walking barefoot for me.☹️

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Working my way up, #170 on lat pulldown. More sets, more reps. I'm out of gas when I leave the gym.:thumbup:

Same here brother, I am concentrating on increasing reps, then weight. 170 is great, just watch for pulled muscles with the lat bar. Gave me more of those then any other piece of gym equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

My pt is at a stand still. Working on corrals and engine in my truck honey does and work all get in the way of shooting hunting working out and horse back riding.  On top of that two month of foot injury. Not sure what happened probably the work boot I was wearing. Feels a lot like a fracture. I experienced this feeling when I was in basic training. 

Edited by NightStalker

1 hour ago, NightStalker said:

My pt is at a stand still. Working on corrals and engine in my truck honey does and work all get in the way of shooting hunting working out and horse back riding.  On top of that two month of foot injury. Not sure what happened probably the work boot I was wearing. Feels a lot like a fracture. I experienced this feeling when I was in basic training. 

Get that foot injury taken care off. I tried to tough mine out for three weeks and it just made it worse. Will probably mean a walking boot for a month.

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

Get that foot injury taken care off. I tried to tough mine out for three weeks and it just made it worse. Will probably mean a walking boot for a month.

Working on it talk to my dr and got put in soft shoes for now.  Having good and bad days. This getting older is BS lol

For the guys with C2 rowers or access at the gym to a C2 rower

ErgData both for Android or Apple.

Been playing with it and the big plus is making up interval traing programs is much quicker then download via bluetooth, much easier than punching in a string of letters into control panel.

Accessing the log on the app is also easier

9 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

For the guys with C2 rowers or access at the gym to a C2 rower

ErgData both for Android or Apple.

Been playing with it and the big plus is making up interval traing programs is much quicker then download via bluetooth, much easier than punching in a string of letters into control panel.

Accessing the log on the app is also easier

Yes, check out Dark horse rowing https://darkhorserowing.com/

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

https://hundredpushups.com/index.html

also check out the 'other programs' link on top bar for some bodyweight excercises

I haven't read that thing, but I had my own Hundred Pushups thing that I've always done.  100.  Do your first set of PERFECT, NO BOLLSHIIT pushups, to failure.  Let's say you get to 45 of them.  Evenly spaced, no rest, you don't stop, you keep the exact same cadence the whole time, to failure.  Call it 45.  You have 55 left to go, so you can only rest 55 second, and start your next set.  Let's say you get 30 more prefect pushups, same cadence...  45+30 = 75.  You have 25 to go, so you get a 25 second rest before you start your next set...

Do that until you make your hundred.  You'll find that you're getting more your first set - which equals less rest time before you start the next set.  You'll be a stud in no time, for pushups at least.  :thumbup:

Bodyweight workouts are tough, I'm using the gym to get to the next level. Last month just getting in the pushup position there was a lot of crunching in the arms and shoulders. 

Right now I'm at the hospital taking a blood glucose test for insulin resistance after my recent blood work came back triglycerides were getting higher than the norm. Blood sugar, blood pressure and all other aspects were good. I'm a little nervous as diabetes runs on both sides of the family. Hope I dodge any issues. I have been hammering the gym for 4 months. I go with @98Z5V attitude of trying to break something while I'm there. 

Yep, with abs, forearms and calves - you can work those 3 daily, no rest days, just because they already, daily, get so much work.  If you get into an ab routine, always make sure you work lower abs first, then work upper abs.  It take the uppers, to work lowers, so if you work the uppers first, you got no gas left in the tank to work lowers...  That's the primary core muscle group, and the basis of your stability. 

I can bust out some squats 10x10 few seconds between sets. Abs are Roman chair 10 back extension with 10 for each side per set x 5 and ab machine 20@ 160# 20@ 170# that's maxed on machine. 50 leg lifts. Pushing MK4 tank with lunges for the legs is my warm up. I hurry to get it in before class starts in the area I use at 0900. Choking down coffee and light egg/ sausage bite and a yogurt to go beat myself up at the gym.💪

8 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Well my glucose test for insulin resistantce came back normal 🎉🎊 if it had not I would have just put one foot in front of the other and adapted to the situation. Going to the gym. 

Keep it up Brother, Your 65+ years young! Not old! just got back from my session at snap fitness. Feeling 100% better then 4 months ago. Plus there were some great scenery today!😈