• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Complete upper assembly?

blklightning

Looking for a complete upper assembly to go on a dpms pattern lower,i really like the aero precision but there out of stock,im wanting 16" barrel,preferably free float or keymod guard,just looking to use as a hunting rifle so dont really need high dollar stuff,wanting a good looking and performing rifle to hunt with and not break the bank,what other brands are around the aero precision price range and quality?

DPMS is an option, but I have no idea on what their built-upper stocking levels are.  Might be worth a call to them.

The more important question is:  What exact lower are you working with here?  That will guide recommendations more than anything else.

DPMS is an option, but I have no idea on what their built-upper stocking levels are.  Might be worth a call to them.

The more important question is:  What exact lower are you working with here?  That will guide recommendations more than anything else.

Good question . With all the manufacturers making these things , its getting hard to tell which one will work with which one . <dontknow>

Im gonna be getting the tnarms 308 lower when its released,just trying to get all my parts together to be ready to assemble,We are proud to introduce our newest product, the AR-308. Designed to accept a DPMS pattern upper receiver and engineered with our patent pending threaded metal inserts, the AR-308 is the cutting edge of the heavy caliber rifle receivers. Made from a high-grade Nylon with fiber-reinforcement, our receiver will be lighter and more durable than the anodized aluminum receivers they are replacing.

Im gonna be getting the tnarms 308 lower when its released,just trying to get all my parts together to be ready to assemble,We are proud to introduce our newest product, the AR-308. Designed to accept a DPMS pattern upper receiver and engineered with our patent pending threaded metal inserts, the AR-308 is the cutting edge of the heavy caliber rifle receivers. Made from a high-grade Nylon with fiber-reinforcement, our receiver will be lighter and more durable than the anodized aluminum receivers they are replacing.

Not that I don't like those guys, but unless you're willing to do some minor touch-up work with sanding/filing I'd go with somebody else for a lower. I've been essentially beta testing their AR-15 lowers and have been exchanging lowers with them every generation. The current gen can have the buffer retainer hole position out of spec.

I have come to believe in the use the same manufacturers upper & lower receiver sets, gives you a good chance of them working together with out Tolerance Stacking issues  . Although its not written in stone, that it will function with other components used in your build . There are so many manufacturers jumping into the 308AR game , we are seeing issues with some manufacturers components also.