• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Aimpoint Comp M4S

I still like the EOTech over the Aimpoint, and like the differences between the two.  I'm glad Aimpoint has moved to the 2MOA dot over the larger dots.  I like the EOTech holograph - that thing will appear in a busted, broken sight window, and the reticle is great, IMHO.  I just wish EOTech could master that battery life the way Aimpoint has.  80,000 hours on some models...  :eek:

Both are fantastic brands. 

No schit! I can just leave that thing on? And yeah, I'm liking that 2 MOA dot!

Yep, leave it on.  80,000 hours of use from the single AA battery.  You can pull 500,000 hours of use from it in the Night Vision settings.  No schit...  <thumbsup>

Did you see the Daniel Defense Torture test with an Aimpoint Micro on it? I'll put its durability up against an Eo-Tech any day brother

That was a serious fuckin test. I saw that rifle at SHOT, and it is completely fucked up. They have that SOB proudly on display... and rightfully so! No one has ever done a test like that since... They've been close, but not to that level of extreme.

That's one thing that sold me on running a Daniel Defense with an Aimpoint. I was running a Spikes Billet with a Noveske keymod tube and Daniel Defense barrel. It is a good rifle but that Daniel Defense is better balanced, and like the Spikes with a Daniel Defense barrel, it shoots really really smooth and accurate as hell. 

Primary Arms micro red dot, 2MOA dot.  I haven't been able to kill one yet, and have 5 or 6 of them.  $hit, I might have more than that, but I'm not gonna go count them. I'll be getting another one for the 45-70 to try out, and see if that will kill one.  I'll be telling Marshall about it up front, and letting him know what I intend to do to it...

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_s/586.htm

Edited by 98Z5V

The only magnifier I have is a 3x Burris AR Tripler, that I nailed on a $69 sale.  Damn sweet magnifier, and that price couldn't be beat, even if it was double that. 

With PA's reputation, you can't make a mistake picking up their magnifier, brother.  Seriously.  If you have an issue with it, Marshall will take care of you.

If you want something more rugged than the PA microdot, Holosun, and Vortex sights, try the Aimpoint PRO or Meprolight Tru Dot RDS.

I bought one of the Tru Dot RDS sights during the black friday sale and like it a lot. The battery life is ~2 years (15k-18khrs) at max brightness. It also has an auto-on and off function and integrated QD mount. I like the large window.