• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vise Blocks, Action Blocks

imschur

• 2 months later...

I ordered mine on the 21st, it's due to arrive on the 30th. Their turn-around times are OK as long as your item is in stock. If not, they're not going to tell you unless you call and ask about your order, but their customer service is good enough that you can get free hats and stuff out of your unfortunate wait.  ;) :D

Oh, I found a $15 and some change all told. Not bad, not bad at all.

I think your ok, I believe the VTAC is the same pin pattern as the stock nut.

That's a huge relief. The rep I talked to from DPMS said that their Multi-Tool would work for everything except for FFT removal for everything from the 5.56 to the .308. I'm a little worried though, I'd like to see a diagram of the stock FFT disassembled or some pics or something.... It looks like getting the thing off isn't gonna be much fun.

Matt, just wanted to pass along a kudos on the pad colors......very passive. <laughs>

Thank you, it's there for contrast... Makes the rifle look even more wicked, if that's possible.  <laughs>

My wife does the decorating, guess I shoulda thought about it before taking the pics on the bed... <dontknow>

I spoke with , I believe his name was "Ed" the other morning with Tactical Support in Minnesota. I just purchased the "claw" from him on Gunbroker for $48. He states that he supplies Brownells and is also making a hammer block for 308AR's. He goes by the name "donaldpk" on Gunbroker. I haven't seen anywhere any hammer blocks for the 308s, have you guys?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So finally picked a upper vice block up and can't wait for my barrel kit to arrive.  SO eager in fact that, that I put the block in my upper and found it nearly impossible to get it out.  Any tips here?  Fine layer of gun grease/oil to aid in removal or will the barrel provide enough leverage to easliy remove after assembly?

• 1 month later...

Does it fit DPMS uppers?

More than likely not , but the stuff they are made of can be fitted if there is a fitment problem .(Dremel tool rules )  No doubt , DPMS did some copying from the AR 10 .

I kinda like the idea of that type of vice block , its like the  clam shell one I have from Brownells ( that I had to modify to use on flat tops ,many years ago) .

• 7 months later...

Does the DPMS one work on MATEN uppers? the MATEN upper only fits a MATEN lower so i'm curious if there's any issues with using this?

Probably not. The outer dimensions of the billet receivers don't match the forged receivers. I ran into this issue with the Mega AR15 billet.

Try this thread out...

http://308ar.com/forum/ar-308-tools/universal-vise-block!!!/

According to Dave Branson, yes.  He told me i'd need the dpms vise block for the maten upper i ordered through him.  I kinda trust he knows what he's talking about.  Will know for certain next friday when i see my rifle next (its getting its new paint job right now). 

The above statement only applies to the dpms 308 upper action block that fits inside of the upper. Not any clamshell style vise block that i know of.  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/137499/dpms-upper-receiver-action-block-lr-308-knights-armament-sr-25-delrin

Russ